𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

~ Short chapter but important~

My heart dropped, breathing quickened, my whole world crashed down. C-Can't you describe her?" I stuttered out. His next sentence made tears brim my eyes, "Umm light brown hair, she's more on the shorter side, skinny, soft spoken voice." no no no no no. I ran out of the basement, running to my laptop in my bedroom.

After the conversation Cali and I had about her leaving a while ago I was still cautious and put a tracker in her bracelet she always wore, and just in case she took it off or didn't take it with her I put one in her suitcase.

Getting into my laptop I saw the tracker in her bracelet disconnected and the one in her suitcase shows she's in Russia. Didn't she say she was going to Italy. I traced the bracelet to see where she was before it was disconnected, it showed her last location close still in New York but in an old building.

I paced around my room in circles thinking about what I wanted to do next, no reasonable plan came to mind. I can't just go to Russia and stay there until I find her. Or can I? I smirked at the plan on development. I stood in place thinking.

So let's say he kidnapped her, saying they were gonna go to Italy, a place she always wanted to go, then she would've already been packed and ready to leave. Then they would've got onto a plane to Russia instead of Italy. But what would've happened if they got there? How would've that worked? Cali isn't that stupid not to notice they aren't in Italy when she got off the plane. What if she knew they were going to Russia?

I stopped at the sudden thought, "What if she knew they were going?" I repeated out loud, my brain responded. "Yeah I mean think about it. She said they were going to Italy and not there. Cali knows you wouldn't just let her go, you said you put a track in her favorite bracelet right? And it just happened to disconnect and last time it was connected it traced back to an old building still in New York meaning someone knew." I shook my head, "no no, I know what you're implying she wouldn't do that. My mother told me on the note from when I got sent away that I could trust her."

My mind went quiet, almost blank until a thought broke the silence, "look at the computer one more time then do research on Antonio." My mind spoke quietly, I hesitantly went towards my laptop looking at her location. 45th Saylor street.

I went to google, typing in the address coming across a house. no she wouldn't I thought, my heart raced "I'm sorry Brax." My mind responded, my thoughts were interrupted by someone busting in my room.

"Shebetrayedyou." Jah'Kyah rushed out. I held my head down, "I know." She walked over sitting beside me on my bed, wrapping her arm around me with her hand on my head. My head found a place on her chest as I tried my best not to cry.

why me? Why am I always the one getting her? Why can't I just be happy? Am I good enough? Will I ever be good enough?

"It's okay baby." A soft kiss was placed on my head. I sniffed bringing myself out of this sad state. I refuse to be sad, not again I lifted my head off her chest, "what else did he tell me?" I asked, she gave me an apologetic look. "Tell me." My tone changed from sad to serious.

She sighed, " H-He said She's the Donna of the Russian Mafia. She stepped down soon so the position of getting handed to her son."

༻༺

Jah'khyah and I spent hours talking about the information putting it all together to make sense.

Basically, my mother met Cali when they both were sold to be trained killers. My mother and Cali were best friends then when they both escaped Cali disappeared but still kept in contact with her. So years later I went to Cali when I escaped and now she is the Donna of the Russian mafia but stepping down handing the business to her son.

"When did Cali have a son?" I asked, Kyah shrugged. I walked back and forth for a second. "I see the look on your face, what are you thinking?"

To be continued....

So y'all even be having conversations with yourself in y'all own head or just Brax?

Word count: 772