Faram Orbius IV

Ichikawa was the one to open the door and somewhat timidly walk in. He didn't have much of a reaction when he saw her, so he probably expected to find her here.

She was the one blinking instead. "Ichikawa-san? You're still up?"

"I could say the same for you."

"I guess so, but you're not normally out and about at this time." She pointed to the chair. "If you're going to stay, go on and take a seat. I'm sure Kyou won't mind."

"Then, excuse me." He gave a polite bow before sitting down as told.

"So, what brings you here?" She asked, leaning her back to the wall and letting her feet dangle off the bed. "I'd think Shindou-san would be the first to find me."

"I was waiting for you to return."

"Oh?" She didn't expect that. "What for?"

"This." Only then did she notice he was carrying a first aid kit. "I was waiting in the living space of the fourth dorm car with Aoi-san, but you never came. She thought that there's a possibility you might've come to Tsurugi-san's room instead, so I offered to bring this to you in her place as my room is also in this car."

"Ah... Well, thanks―" She made a move to take it, only for her arm to be caught.

"Kimiko-san..."

Shit. She made the mistake of reaching out with her right.

Before she could say anything, he flipped her hand over to show her palm. The burnt bandages were very much visible, and some of it had even chipped off. Her skin below it all was also clearly redder than they should be.

She bit her lip, waiting for him to comment. Or ask. Or scold.

But after a while, all he did was sigh and let her go, opening the kit.

That's... That's new. She couldn't hide the skeptical look she had as he held out his hand again, holding a wipe in the other.

"May I?"

She waited to see what would happen if she didn't move.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing happened.

He just sat there and waited for her, the concern in his expression unchanging. So, she reluctantly gave him back her hand.

Aside from the occasional hiss, the two sat in silence as he got rid of the old bandage as carefully as he could. She bit her lip a second time when he started using the wipes to clean the new wound, occasionally pressing it against a cold compress before dabbing it to her hand. After making sure it was clean and properly cooled off, he began to wrap it up again.

Throughout the entire process, she was tempted to peek into his mind, but she was already far too mentally exhausted after her full-day trip to even try. Besides, if he wasn't going to ask, then she had no reason to try so hard to find an answer.

"There." Once he was done, he leaned back on the chair as she observed her new bandages.

They weren't too tight nor too loose, just enough to stick, but not uncomfortably so. "Nice. Thanks, Ichikawa-san."

"Yes, well, Aoi-san entrusted me with this, so I wanted to be sure she wouldn't have anything to worry about once she's seen it. And..." He seemed hesitant on whatever it was he wanted to say, so she gave a small nod to indicate she was listening. "Kimiko-san, you once told me that if I want answers, I need to ask questions."

That she did.

"But... It seems that no matter how many times I could try to ask, you would never answer any of them. Not directly."