Raimon on TV

A month later, both hospitalized members of Raimon were discharged. Kimiko wasn't sure why she was considered to be a part of them when she didn't even enroll there, but they didn't let her question it.

That afternoon, they all gathered in the clubroom. Having placed their bags by their lockers, they cleaned the room and made space for Haruna and Kino Aki, Tenma's relative, to make some snacks. It was their day off and their coach was off on some business, so they didn't have practice. The reason for this was simple, they were on TV.

Shindou turned the screen on as they all took their seats. All the seniors took one side of the couch while the first-years and managers took the other. Without further ado, the program started.

'Uchikudaku!'

"Oh, hey! That's TPK, isn't it?"

"You're right! They're using our matches for their music video!"

"Dragonlink looks so scary though! The shadows casted over them and all..."

"Kyou, the look on your face when the ball just barely missed you..."

"Shut up."

'Mamoru mono ga, nani mou nai yori'

"They have a really close up shot of you, Tenma."

"Ah... this is embarrassing!"

"Okay, but how did they get all these other footage?"

"Was that Shuu?!"

"No way, you're just imagining it!"

'Tsuyoku narerun da!'

"Wow! Look at all those keshins!"

"They got every single one from the tournament!"

"It's too bad Kimiko's isn't here."

"Well, Hakuryuu's isn't either."

"Our editors narrowed down the secrets to Raimon's strength to three points." The reporter, Tominaga Jun, said. "Without further ado, let's see what secrets guided them to the championship! The secret to Raimon Eleven's strength, number 1. The riverbank is the holy land of hard work!"

There was quite a lot of footage of Shindou.

Akane nodded with her ever-pleasant smile. "She understands."

"Shindou-san, you have another fan." Kimiko called, the senior's cheek turning slightly red.

"I'm now at the riverbank, where many soccer youths have gathered. Let's interview them for a bit." She turned to the children, in which none of them looked like they were over eight years old. "Everyone, do you like the Raimon Eleven?!"

"We love them!" They cheered. When asked which one of them they liked most, they mentioned Tenma, Tsurugi, Amagi, Shindou, Kirino, Sangoku, and Shinsuke respectively.

"She called you cute, Shinsuke." Hamano teased, earning a blush.

"Good! Good! You've all got fans now!" Midori cheered, patting both him and Tenma roughly on the back.

"This is kind of embarrassing." Tenma muttered.

"Hey, hear that, Kyou? Kids don't think you're scary anymore." Kimiko nudged the friend she sat next to. "You better be a good example to them, which means no more beating people up with soccer balls."

"I stopped ages ago."

"Just making sure, since Shuuya-nii had that as a habit once."

"What."