Gardon II

When Tenma took a while to grab a stray ball, they began to worry. However, just as Shindou went to check on him, he came back with a rather serious look on his face. He told them all that he had just met Katora again.

"Didn't I already tell you? Princess Katora is dead." Potomuri immediately cut in.

"But I saw her with my own eyes!" Tenma argued back. "Katora is alive!"

Kimiko pinched the bridge of her nose. "And here I thought we agreed to stop arguing about this..."

Tenma didn't seem to hear her. "She told us to go to the east mountains and find the red stone."

"The east is where the Gardonians with wings who are part of the Anti-Machine Faction live, isn't it?"

"Yeah."

"Hold on a sec!" Tetsukado spoke up. "We have a game coming up. Training for it is more important!"

"I agree." Manabe said. "Our fitness against this environment is still incompatible."

"But we can't just be focused on winning this tournament!" Tenma continued. "We have to do what's needed to save the galaxy, the way Katora tells us to!"

"So you'll believe someone who may or may not even exist and follow what she says?"

The brunette nodded without second thought. "Yeah. I believe Katora."

"No, I didn't mean whether you believe her or not..."

"Yes. That certainly isn't the issue." Shindou cut in. "But it's worth making the attempt. Especially if it's possibly the only way to save the galaxy."

"Shindou-san... Thank you!" He then turned to the rest of the team. "Let's start by exploring the east mountains. If we all work together, I'm sure we'll find them soon...?"

"I really think we should focus on preparing ourselves for the match." Sakura stated what seemed to be in most of their heads.

"Guys..."

"Then, Tenma and I will go alone." Shindou said, walking up to the captain. "The rest of you continue with practice."

"No, I'll come too." Ibuki joined them. "It sounds interesting."

"I will too." Minaho said, his usual smile present. "Meeting the Gardonians with wings will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."

"Me too." Kimiko decided for herself. "I'm used to being in dangerous situations, so I'll be able to help you guys out should anything happen."

"Don't you have a training menu to make?" Matatagi jabbed.

She smirked in return. "I've watched you guys enough. I've already put together my notes. It's a rough draft, but you can take my notebook if you're going to continue practicing."

"I will accompany you as well." And then Ichikawa. "Finding the stone may be the shortcut to adapting ourselves to this environment."

"You do make a strong point..." Manabe eventually gave in.

"Oh, alright..." As did Sakura.

"Fine then, let's go." And finally Tetsukado.

"Thanks, everyone!"

And so, after using rock-paper-scissors to decide the groups, Kimiko went with the paper team... which, as fate would have it, was also Manuuba's team. Great. Perfect.

~~~~~

"Oh geez, why is it so hot?" Sakura groaned as they walked further out into the mountains. "It's so hot, I could die."