Gardon IV

They went back and forth for a while. Honestly, Kimiko was finding it hard to believe they were still in the first half. Just as she was about to get back to her own position after a struggle, she spotted the helper― Rodan, was it?― smirking deviously.

That's a bad sign.

Suddenly, he stole the ball from his own teammate. He then charged ahead, getting through all those in his way, friend and foe alike. In front of the goal, he put his hands together before letting go, causing a spark. Behind him, a volcano rose. "Kazanrai!" He let himself and the ball get thrusted upwards by the eruption, spinning while surrounded by lightning, and kicked the ball towards the goal, turning it into a volcanic storm.

Tetsukado ran in to stop it, and for a second, light began to engulf him, but the shot was too strong, and it sent both him and Shinsuke into the goal.

Everyone from the front came to check on the two. That was where they noticed Shinsuke was hurt for the first time.

"N-No, I'm..."

"Shinsuke-san, you mustn't push yourself." Ichikawa spoke up, walking forward. "You probably kept quiet about it so that none of us would worry about you, right?" He then turned to Tenma. "I think Tetsukado-san has been covering for him with everything he has because he knew that."

The two looked down and apologized.

Kimiko clicked her tongue. If I had been on the sidelines, I would've noticed sooner and told Tenma about it... She shook her head. No, no, no. Don't think that. You've got your own reasons. Just do better next time... She took a deep breath. God, I wish Kyou was here to hit me right now.

"I see. Okay!" Tenma's yell snapped her out of it. "From here on, we're all covering for you! Don't let them make a single pass! We'll work together to protect the goal!"

The defense all nodded before getting back into position. She was about to head back to the front too when she noticed Ichikawa was lagging behind.

"Tetsukado-san."

"Huh?"

"None of you may need my advice anymore at this stage, but let me say just one thing." He had his ever-polite smile as he spoke. "While I was troubled over my performance in kabuki as the 'lion king', I felt a roar emerging from deep within my heart. That was what awakened the wild lion within me. Why not try facing inwards, towards your own heart?"

That seemed to strike Tetsukado somewhere, so he left him to it. As they got back, Kimiko couldn't help but stare at Ichikawa's profile. Just how exactly is this soft and sweet kitten a lion?

The next struggle began and soon, Rodan received the ball again. Tetsukado ran to reach him. Face my own heart...

Kimiko kept her gaze on him, curious on what'll happen. However...

Soccer is a living thing.

?!

It's a wild beast that will attack you if you look away from it. If you don't want to be swallowed up, don't look away. Keep your eyes on everything around you.

The next few seconds were a blur for her. She wasn't― couldn't― pay attention to anything. All she could think about was... That's his voice!

"Yay! Tetsukado's Soul awakens to save Earth Eleven from danger!" Only when Ducksgun yelled into his mic did she come back to her senses.

Then, her head immediately cleared. Right. This is why I'm here in the first place! "Tetsukado!"