I'm not emotionless

Donnie scanned his palm opening the laboratory door slowly walking through the entrance, holding the PJs he picked out for you. He let out a heavy sigh as the big metallic door shut behind him. He leaned against the door taking a minute to collect his thoughts. He didn't want to admit it, but he couldn't help but feel a hint of discontentment after his interaction with Leo. He made his way to the bathroom, brooding.

"I can't think right now...I've always been a man of logic and reasoning and these weird new, ugh...e- motions...I've been having, are so out of pocket."

He mindlessly walked passed the glowing dials and buttons just like before staring at the ceiling submerged in his racing thoughts.

"This was bound to happen. Leo literally flirts with anything that breaths and walks."

He strolled to the bathroom stopping by the door. He heard the water running and the sound of water hitting the shower floor as you squeeze your hair damp. The thought of you in there made him warm up with embarrassment. He wiped his face with annoyance, stopping himself from heating up any further. He sighed as he bent over to set the clothes on the floor. Simultaneously thinking.

"I need to just stop and try to-"

Before he bent back up his thought was interrupted by the opening door. you exit the bathroom in your towel. He glances up at you and quickly jumps back dodging your figure with his eyes. He turns around to be polite. There's a small pause. He points down at the floor turning a subtle pink. You look down at the clothes and blush realizing how awkward it must be standing in just a towel.

"Oh! Uh sorry"

You bent down and grabbed the clothes unconsciously exposing a small portion of your cleavage when doing so he glances over his shoulder catching a glimpse of your subtly exposed chest. He quickly darts his head back turning a bright red as you come back up. You went into the bathroom and quickly changed and came out wrapping your damp hair in the same towel. Seeing you in his clothes made his stomach heat up internally. His clothes fit baggy over you. He let out a small exhale trying to compose himself. He coughed and gained back his stillness.

"Comfortable?"

"Yeah thanks"

There's another brief hesitation as you both look at each other.

"Okay! Welp! I guess I see you tomorrow"

He said, rushing to end the interaction and beginning to turn his body to leave. You quickly grab his arm and your eyes slowly fill with water

"Umm....wait..."

Chills run up his spine as he feels your hand softly grasp his forearm. His cheeks flush as He looks back at you and sees you tear up. He immediately becomes tense.

"About my father...What's going to happen tomorrow."

     Not wanting to say the wrong thing, he looks into you're eyes and hesitates to speak.

    "I-..."

He instantly thinks back to the Mikey and Leo scenario.

    ( "That's all you'd tell me, Donnie!!?! No actual hug or warm comforting embrace? Just a few taps?")

    He looks to the side and squints his face, pulling you into an embrace trying his best not to show how uncomfortable he was. You were shocked! You didn't question it. you just wrapped your arms around him squeezing your body close to his, feeling comfortable enough to cry. His face became flush. he held you tighter the harder you cried.

    "I- I just wan-n-t him to be okay-yyy. He means the world to me I- I- already lost my-y mother I don't wanna lose him too-oo-o"

     You cry into his shoulder stuttering with every breath you spoke. He felt your warm breath hiccuping on his body. Donnie's tense body gradually moved away from you. He grabbed your arms feeling your soft skin, looking into your red wet eyes. He felt sympathy staring into them. He's never seen someone so sad before, seeing your face fill with misery broke his heart. You turned your head away with embarrassment.

     "Hey, Hey, Hey, (y/n) it's gonna be okay."

     He softly touched your cheek and turned it toward his gaze.

    "I put a tracking device on one of the henchmen while you were unconscious. It'll lead us to our first clue! We'll find him okay!"

     He looked deeper into your eyes.

    "And remember those other henchmen we tied up?... Mikey and raph are gonna question them tomorrow first thing in the morning!"

    You collapsed into his arm once again

     "Thank you for the reassurance Dontae, you're a very sweet man. I appreciate everything you're doing for me. *sniff* but can I ask one more thing?"

     "For sure (y/n)"

     "Do you have any lab work to finish?"

     His face grew into a small smirk and his lids slowly fell

     "Of course, I always have a couple of things I'm constantly tinkering with. In fact, I have a few things that need coding on my monitor"

     "Do you think you can stay in here until I sleep, *sniff* I hope that's okay?"

     He playfully rolled his eyes and put his arm around you guiding you to his bed.

      "Like that would be a problem"

     He sat you down on the bed and patted your shoulder. You watched him walk over to his monitor and sit down. He pressed a button and the lights dimmed. His giant screen light adorned the entire lab changing it from a purple tint to a soft blue hue. You buried yourself in the Jupiter Jim sheets trying to relax. After watching Donnie switch from coding to social media for 45 minutes. Your eyes became heavy and you began to dose off. He looked back at you happy to see you sleeping. He saw the picture of you on his monitor still sitting there. He picked it up, looked back at you one more time, and put it in a folder. He let out a large sigh and thought to himself.

      "I'm not emotionless~"