Your POV

"Listen, sweetheart, I know how worried you can get but this is out of your control right now. you're like a daughter to me. And I love you and I wouldn't let anything happen to you. Your papa is a good man and this mess will be cleared soon. He will be found, okay? Please trust me on that mija."

    Hueso grabs my hands gently, trying his best to console me. Although they're boney and cold they are familiar. It gives me a sense of cautious solace. My tears spill silently. I want to freak out but, I know it'll do no good. I try to keep my composure. I hug Hueso for consolation. He squeezes me and goes on.

    "I have a few confidantes who agreed to help. They are good boys, I've known them for years. They too, have helped me through many troubles. I've asked them to act as your protection. You will be safe Morrita. I swear to you. Just please stress no more he will be found trust me."

    Hueso kisses my head "Are you sure you want to leave on your own right now? You are welcome to stay here overnight"

   I smile and nod," No no, please I do not want to get you involved Uncle Hueso".

  "Please Mija I'm here for you. you don't have to handle this alone."

   "No uncle, people may fear this man but I will NOT let him control my life. I love you."

   "Stay safe Morrita. I beg of you" he embraces me one more time.

   I begin to leave the restaurant. I flick my head side to side for a quick inspection of my surroundings and continued to make my way home.

   "Although every stranger I see could be out to get me. My home is only 7 mins away, it isn't too far, nothing crazy could happen in 7 minutes. I'll be fine. they couldn't have found me this quickly. I have time. I'll be okay.........But what if I'm not? What if they're behind me? What if it's that old man? Or that woman walking past me? What if they're at my house right now waiting for me? ........Oh god..... Don't overthink, please...The dread the anxiety. Oh, papa... Why did you trust these men? I hope you're okay. I hope I'll be okay. I hope we'll be okay. I wish Hueso could tell me more about these guys, I don't even know what they look like. How do I know they're gonna protect me?What if they fail? What if they kill me? What if I never find my dad? What if-"

    My racing thoughts were interrupted by the exact thing I feared.

   "Hey, mami~ "

   the strange man grabs my arm and pulls me into the ally around the building. I'm frozen with fear. He Gapes at me. Licking his lips displaying his disgusting smile while Looking me up and down. He starts Circling me; like a starving vulture would a fresh dead carcass. he looks like he hadn't eaten in weeks. Three more men slither into the ally. Just as ghastly as the next.

   "Ohh myyyyy your papa didn't tell us how pretty his Chiquita wasss~"

My eyes widen as I snap out of my catatonic trance.

   "MY PAPA!! He's STILL ALIVE!?!?"

   I grab him by his shirt and plead "Where is he what have you done to him"

   "Oh Princesa, your papa will get what's owed, but in the meantime".

   He shoves me against the brick and dissects me with his eyes and dread fills my heart as he grasps his hand around my neck smelling my hair. He opens his mouth as wide as it can go. He's a few inches from my face I can see the drool dripping from his shiny yellow-tinted fangs. I feel his hot breath trail across my face.

   "it's time to show your papa what happens when-"

   "Yo!! NASTY BUG DUDE. IF YO NASTY ASS IS LOOKING FOR A MEAL WHY DON'T YOU TRY SOME KNUCKLE SANDWICHES."