Chapter Twenty-Four

~Aliyah's POV

I stopped in front of his house.

"219 NW 45th Street." I recited to myself.

This is it. I gave the door a soft knock, with no response.

I tried harder, and eventually he came to answer the door.

"Aliyah, come in." He said.

I walked in his house, and he closed the door.

"What's up with you? You look a lil' sad." He asked, gesturing for me to take a seat.

"I don't know. Everything is upside-down. Jacob won't talk to me, my grades are slowly falling, and I'm starting to think that Prodigy is cheating on me."

"Who?"

"Prodigy, my boyfriend. Jamal, I just don't know what to do." I sighed.

"I know what can cheer you up." Jamal said, walking into his room, and coming out with two pieces of notebook paper with writing on it.

"Remember how much we loved singin' and rappin'? It was your passion. I got a cuz up the street with a studio. You wanna record it with me?" he asked.

I looked through the lyrics.

It was very raunchy, I have to admit. But I liked the song, and it would bring back so many memories.

"Alright, I'll do it."

He grinned and sat down on the couch.

Jamal taught me the lyrics, and notes.

I finally got it down, and sang my parts for him.

"You got it. Aight, ima get ready." He said, going back into his room.

He came back out, and we left his house, and got in his car.

"How'd you get here?" He asked, revving the engine.

"I rode the bus and walked." I replied.

"If I was your man, I wouldn't want you walking all the way over here by yourself." He said, making me blush.

We pulled up to a house that was just flat-out amazing.

It was ten times bigger than the trap house from last weekend.

"Uh, you sure this is the right house?" I said, my voice cracking in disbelief.

"Yeah. Come on." He assured me, grabbing my hand.

He took me in, and walked me downstairs to the basement, where the studio was located.

"Mike! We here!" Jamal yelled, knocking on the studio door.

The door almost instantly swung open, and a Kanye West look-alike stepped out.

"Jay! Wassup man?" He said, giving Jamal dap.

"Who is this?" Mike asked, looking me up and down.

"Aliyah. She's gonna record the song."

"Alright, come in." Mike gestured for us to go in the studio.

"Before I can start recording you," He started, " I gotta make sure you're worth recording. Sing somethin' real quick." Mike said.

"Um, okay." I said, clearing my throat.

I took a deep breath, before opening my mouth to sing a small excerpt from 'Just Give Me A Reason', By P!NK accapella.

Now, you've been talking in your sleep

Oh oh, things you never say to ME

Oh oh, tell me that you've had enough