Chapter Five

~Jacob's POV

When dad got home, I knew I was screwed. We all sat at the dinner table, and he asked what happened while he was gone.

Aliyah gave me a look that said 'Ima snitch.'

"Well, me and Stacy went to the park." She replied.

"That's nice. And what about you Jacob?" He asked, turning his attention to me.

"Uh, I just slept." I lied.

"Aliyah, where was Jacob yesterday?"

"He just slept." she said quickly before putting a forkful of Risotto.

I gave a small sigh, grateful that she didn't snitch.

Al gave a small chuckle and I gave gave him a warning look.

We just sat in silence after that, and I went into the basement.

Nothing really happened on Sunday, Dad was gone again, so it was pretty normal. I took Stacy out to McDonalds and to the movies to get her mind off of Aliyah. She cried Saturday night because I wouldn't let her play with Aliyah, but it was best for her.

I woke up on Monday to my phone vibrating, and unlocked it to see what it was.

Yasmine sent me another good morning text.

'Hey bby, how was your night?" the text read.

"Hey Yas, it was coo. I g2g thoo. see you @ school." I typed back before stripping off my clothes and hopping into the shower. I wore a red and blue plaid button up shirt, a denim jacket with the sleeves cut off, ripped jeans, and an 'OBEY' snapback.

I walked upstairs to be greeted by Al.

I was about to sit at the breakfast table when Al stopped me.

"You're bringing miss Aliyah to school today, remember?" He said.

Shit.

I jumped up from my seat and tried to make a run for my car, but he was blocking my way.

"Nice try playa. She's almost done." He said, smirking.

"But what about my breakfast?" I whined. I can't go through until lunch with an empty stomach.

"Stop by McDonalds." He suggested.

I sat down and waited impatiently for her.

~Aliyah's POV

I woke up at exactly six o'clock to get ready. I was so nervous. I haven't been to an actual public school since I was in third grade. I was always home schooled, which is why my education level is so high.

I took a hot shower, and washed my body and hair.

I wore a white Hollister long-sleeved shirt, ripped acid-wash jeans, and red Vans. I prayed that God would help me through this experience.

I got a text from Craig. He said, 'Morning beautiful. Can't wait 2 see u today' I blushed and sent him a quick reply back.

'Goodmorninggg, I can't wait either :) '

I slid my phone into the back pocket of my pants, grabbed my bag, and headed out.

"Good morning Al." I said.

"Good morning miss Aliyah." He replied before heading downstairs to clean Jacob's room.

He was the chef, but he also does the rooms. He's like a butler, chef,and housekeeper in one.

I just gave Jacob a blank expression and he gave one back. "Aight, let's go." He said, getting up from the table.

I followed after him, and he closed the door in my face.

What a gentlemen.

I opened the door again, and got in his car. I sat in the back, to avoid eye contact. The ride was silent, except for 'Copy + Paste' by Diggy Simmons playing faintly in the backround. Ever since I was little, I've had a HUGE crush on Diggy Simmons.

"Ok we're here." He said, pulling up to the back of the the school. "Um, this is the back." I said.

"I know. this is where you get dropped off."

"Aren't I supposed to get dropped off in the front?"

"Just shut up and get out of the car." He spat.

"Okay, damn." I mumbled before getting out of the car. He sped off and left me.

I walked to the front, where I quickly got nervous around the other students. I sped-walked into the school and into the office.

"Can I help you?" An old Asian lady asked me.

"I'm Aliyah Johnson, I'm new, and I need my schedule." She looked through a stack of papers before handing me my schedule.

"You will be called up soon to be introduced to the principal, and get a walk through the school." she said with a smile.

"Thank you." I smiled back.

I looked down the schedule to my locker and walked until I found it.

I heard a few whispers as I passed by, but I just ignored them. I found my locker and stared at the dial. "How, in the fuck am I supposed to do this?" I whispered to myself.

"Um, you need a little help?" A girl next to my locker asked. She was pretty, white with a nice tan, long brown hair, and small frame.

"Yeah, thanks." I told her my combination and she swung the door open.

"Are you new?" she asked, a confused expression on her face.

"Yeah." I replied, nodding my head. "I'm Aliyah." I said, stick my hand out for her to shake.

"I'm Yasmine." She said, shaking my hand. We compared schedules, and we discovered we both had Social Studies, P.E, and Music together.

She walked me to my homeroom class, and gave me a small hug before walking off. Do I have a friend already? I took a deep breath, and walked in. I walked up to the teacher, explained who I was, and she said she was expecting me. Her name was Mrs. Wilson. She was one of those teachers with smiles on their faces 24/7. She was short and chubby, with cheeks that go up to her eyes.

"Class, this is Aliyah Johnson. She's going to be in our homeroom for the year." She introduced. She told me to sit between a girl who appeared gothic/emo, and a boy I swear I recognized. I sat down and opened my backpack to pull a book out. I was currently in the middle of 'Catching Fire', the second in the 'Hunger Games' trilogy.

"Psst, psst." The boy next to me whispered. I looked at him. He had two long braids hanging from his head, and was wearing a domo hat. I know this guy. I just can't put my finger on it.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" I asked, trying to focus on where I knew him from.

"I'm friends with Princeton. I was at his house that one day.

"Princeton? Who?" I whispered back.

"Jacob."

"Oh!" The teacher gave me a warning look, and I went back to focusing on my book. When the bell rang, the boy walked up to me, and introduced himself. I did the same in return before walking to my locker. 

~Jacob's POV

Thank god no one saw her get out of my car.  I walked in through the front and went down to my locker. "Aye, wassup." Roc said, before giving me dap. I grabbed my stuff out of my locker, surprised that Yasmine hasn't come to see me yet.

"Where's Yas?" I asked Roc.

"Nigga, how am I supposed to know?"

"Oh thanks. You were such a good source of information, I'll be sure to count on you again." I said sarcastically. I walked to homeroom and took the only available seat in the back. I saw Yasmine, and sent her a quick text, being sure not to get caught.

' Sorry, I was helping a new girl open her locker.' she texted back. I turned my phone off and waited for homeroom to be over.