Prologue/ Chapter One

~Jacob's POV

I can't believe my dad did this. Gave her MY room, and force me to live in the basement?

Hell no. She better watch her back. I looked her up and down with despise. Just her presence irritated me.

Dad was talking to her about some stuff then turned to face me.

"Now, I want you to be nice to miss Aliyah, do you understand?" Dad said looking me in the eyes.

I just sat there in silence.

"Do you understand?" He said, a little louder.

"Yes." I spat before getting up and going downstairs to the basement.

~Aliyah's POV

The boy that was Mr. Perez was talking to got up and left, only after shooting me a look full of hatred. I can tell he's going to be an obstacle in this.

"Aliyah, welcome to the Perez residence." Mr. Perez said, extending his hand for me to shake. I gave his hand a shake and he led me upstairs to the room I would be staying in.

He explained all of my responsibilities, and let me unpack. I'm just happy to get out of my old environment. My parents lived in a trap house, strung out on drugs since I was four. I lived with my grandma until she died, and Mr. Perez agreed to take me in as a housekeeper. I'm already at a college level in school, so I don't really need to go.

Only a few days ago had I discovered how wealthy they were. I hope I don't stick out too much.

I walked out into the hallway and saw the rude boy standing in the hallway with an upset look on his face. He started to walk towards me and I started to back up a little. He got in my ear and whispered 'I swear, if you get in my way, it won't be good for you' and walked away. I felt shivers go up and down my body as he walked away. I'll have to be careful about him. I took a quick shower, and since it was almost ten o'clock, I slipped into my PJ's and went to sleep.

*Chapter One*

~Aliyah's POV

I woke up at six-thirty to clean,dress, and start on my duties. I was to help the chef in preparing breakfast, and clean after. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, and put my uniform on. I was introduced to the chef, Albanzo. Albanzo is actually a really cool guy. He goes by Al, is Colombian, is 45,and really nice. He explained the family to me. Mr.Perez's wife had died of Cancer a while back, meaning that the house was only occupied by Mr.Perez, his son, Al and I, and a little girl named Stacy.

Stacy is Mr.Perez's step-daughter, and when her mom died, he took her in. She was at a friends house at the moment. We talked for around twenty more minutes when Mr.Perez and his son walked in the the kitchen.

"Good morning you two." I said, placing eggs and bacon on the table.

"Good morning miss Aliyah, how was your night?" He asked me. These people are so sophisticated.

"Good." He looked at his son, and gave him a stern look.

"Jacob, say good morning to Aliyah." he insisted. I placed Orange Juice on the table and went to wipe my hands. Jacob, so that's his name. I'm not gonna lie, he's somewhat attractive. He looked at me, and gave a chuckle.

~Jacob's POV

Good morning? Bitch please. How about get the hell up out this house?

"Jacob, Say.Good.Morning." Dad said through gritted teeth. D'amn.

"Mr.Perez, it's okay." she said.

Dad gave a look that said ' If you don't say good morning in the next two seconds, imma pop the taste out yo mouth'.

"Wassup." I said, my mouth full of eggs. I shoved the rest in my mouth, swallowed down my OJ, and ran back to the basement to grab my phone and backpack from my bed. I unlocked my phone and saw that Yasmine, my girlfriend, sent me a text.

'Morning bigheadddd, love you ;) ' It read. I texted back saying

' girl hushh, hahah love you too.' I was grabbing my backpack when I heard a knock on my door. I opened it and slammed it back shut as soon as I saw who it was.

"Excuse me." she said through the door. I just turned on my stereo to drain out her voice. 'I'm Different' by 2 Chainz blared out the speakers. She just kept banging on the door. Damn, does her hand ever get tired? I got pissed off and opened the door.

"What?" I spat. She looked me in the eye and started to cry. "I'm sorry." She kept saying between sobs. I was startled, I admit, but I just walked past her so I could get to the garage, and in my car for school.

~Aliyah's POV

I don't know what I did so wrong for him to already hate me, but maybe I could go talk to him and see why. Al agreed to do my dishes and I started down the stairs. I knocked on his door. To my surprise he answered. I didn't even open my mouth and he slammed the door in my face. I started to knock again, only to be drained out by loud music. I banged on the door and he finally opened, clearly pissed off. I was about to speak, and I just broke down crying. This has happened to me too many times. I was being rejected and shunned without getting a chance. Nothing new to me, but I just wanted to be liked here. He just left me there crying. I got myself together a few minutes after he left, and walked into his room to clean up a bit.

~Jacob's POV

All throughout the car ride I kept thinking about her crying. Maybe I went a little too hard on her. I parked in the school driveway to be met by my crew, Prod, Roc, and Ray.

"Aye, wassup." Roc said, giving me dap.

"This stupid maid at the house gettin' on my nerves,bro." I said, walking into the building.

"Y'all got a maid? Is she fine?" Ray asked. Now that I think of it, she kinda was. But I didn't care. "She aight."

I walked to my locker where Yasmine was waiting for me. "Hey baby." She said, giving me hug. "Wassup." I pecked her on the cheek and turned the dial on my locker. We talked for a few minutes before the bell, and I walked down to Spanish class for first period. I just pray I can focus today.