Vecna's Curses

{Hawkins, Indiana. 1986}

Third Person POV:

The whole group, aside from the ones in the hospital and the ones in the high school, of course, watched the sky cloud over with black, red lightning flashing everywhere, the helicopters hovering and circling.

"This.." Nancy whispers. "This is not good."

El turns around, staring at Hopper. "We need to go." She says.

Her dad nods, and looks at the whole group. "Alright, you heard her, back to the cabin." Hopper says. "Go, now."

Mike moves to leave, and notices Will not walking, still staring at the distant clouds. "Come on." Mike says gingerly, tugging at Will's sleeve gently. Will blinks and seems to snap out of his daze, turning and looking at Mike. "We're going."

Will nods and follows Mike to the rest of the group, having already gotten to the tree line.

They all walked back to the cabin, silently. Once everyone was inside and the door closed, Hopper immediately looked over the group again, making sure everyone was here.

"What's going on?" Jonathan asks.

Joyce frowns. "Is the upside down coming into our world?" She asks. "Our world?"

"But that doesn't make sense," Nancy says. "Vecna didn't get his fourth victim. Max isn't dead." She moves her hands around as she talks.

"But Lucas said she was for 'over a minute'," Mike says. "Maybe it only has to be for a second to work?"

El frowned. "Then why didn't it happen immediately?" She asks.

"He was hurting." Nancy says. "We had attacked him. He has to heal, before he can do anything with his powers." She theorizes.

Will feels a chill crawl up his spine. He shivers.

Suddenly he doubles over with a groan, covering his ears and face with his hands and arms. "Will!" Mike exclaims, crouching down next to him. Everyone else whips their heads to him, and Joyce rushing over.

"Will, baby, what's wrong?" She asks, patting his all over. He wouldn't move his head.

The brunette whimpers again, pressing his fingernails into his head as a massive headache takes over his mind.

"What's wrong with him?" Nancy asks, concern lacing her voice.

A horrible feeling comes over Mike. "You don't think it's Vecna, right?" He asks, looking away from Will to Hopper and El.

Will let out a pained whimper.

"Baby, please, what's wrong?" Joyce asks. "What's going on?"

Joyce gently tries and pulls Will's arm away from his face. It works, but Will's eyes are squeezed tight.

"Will, open your eyes." Jonathan says, now crouching next to his mother as well.

Mike looks back at Will. "Will, is it Vecna?" He asks." Do you feel him?"

Will mutters something they couldn't hear. "What?" Joyce questions, panic seeping into her voice. "Honey, what did you say?" Will whimpers again. "Honey, please respond."

Will's eyes shoot up, and he makes eye contact with Eleven, who was standing across the room.

"Baby?" Joyce says, noticing Will's eyes being open.

The brunette stays silently, staring at El. His eyes were frantic. "What..?" He whispers, barely audible. Mike looks at Jonathan before looking at Will as his eyelids droop and he slumps into his mother's arms.