Mike and Will fight

{Set middle of season 4}

{TW: Blood, Cutting, suicidal thoughts}

{Hawkins Indiana, Wheeler's Household, 4:30 pm}

Third Person POV:

"Can't you just not be a jerk?" Will yells at Mike, both of them had tears in their eyes. "You always put the blame on me, making yourself out to be the victim. Just stop!"

Mike glares at Will. "I'm not being the victim!" He argues back.

"Yes!" Will exclaims, throwing up his hands. "Yes you are! You have been!"

Mike sighs. "We need to just help El, she-" He starts.

"Wow." Will interrupts. "Again. Stopping our fights because your mind is always on El. Always, in fact, even on a certain birthday."

That makes Mike stop short.

Will scoffs. "Yeah, you forgot my birthday, Mike." He says. Tears start to spill. "All because you couldn't stop fawning over El at the roller rink." He gives a pained smile. "But whatever, right? Whatever."

"Will, wait-" Mike says. "You-"

"Yeah." Will says. "What a great best friend you are, you're just like your father."

That. It felt like something shattered inside Mike. Will glared at him for a moment before scoffing again and rushing up the stairs, leaving Mike to continue to gaze shocked at where Will had just been.

Mike looked down at his hands, which were starting to tremble. Like him? Am I like him? Mike thought.

Shaking, he slowly drifted over to the restroom. His mother and sister weren't here, so he was mostly alone, though they were coming back soon. Ted Wheeler wouldn't give a shit about what he does anyway.

You are like him, aren't you? Mike thinks. Such a horrible person. He locks the door behind him. Walking forward, he reaches for a spare razor knife and watches himself slowly move the small object over his arm. Right before he places the knife against his skin, he blinks, almost dazed.

What are you doing? The other half of Mike's mind says.

Shaking stupidly now, Mike's dazed expression returns and he presses the sharp object against his skin. As though half of his brain was trying to defend him, it took a bit of willpower before dark red liquid appeared on his skin. It rolled onto the ground, one drop of wood.

Just like your father. Mike's brain taunted.

He pressed the blade against another point of skin, right below his wrist bone on the side. As the dark red begins to trickle down his arm, he tilts his head to the side, still in a daze. Just like your father.

A few minutes went by before Mike finally stopped and put the razor in the sink. He turned on the water and watched as the dark red of his blood was instantly rinsed off the blade. His arms were covered in blood, drops dripping onto the ground every second.

He shuddered and squeezed his eyes shut. What did you just do? He scolds himself. Your so pathetic, only a few words made you break? He blinked and turned around, walking to the kitchen.

Mike grabs a small pen out of the holder with a second glance, taking a small note as well.

Writing a small message on the yellow paper, he takes a deep breath before placing it in the middle of the table, not caring about the three drops of blood accompanying it.

And then, in his weird daze, he slowly lets himself drift out of the house.

...

Will opens his door and sees his mom and brother in the kitchen. Jonathan looks up and smiles, but that smile fades with he sees his brother expression.