'Purple Palm Tree Delight' Accident

|Drugs, drug use|

{During the time of Season 4, but the Byers didn't move and monsters/Vecna never happened}

Disclaimer: I do not know the exact way 'Purple Palm Tree Delight' affects people, so I'm going off of what I imagine it does and what fits into the story. And stuff from our friend Google. :)

Third Person POV:

Mike was a little worried. He got a really strange call from Jonathan earlier, the older boy had told him to come to the Byers residence immediately. He didn't specify anything. But he said it was about Will.

Which made Mike run out of his house and jump on his bike.

He biked all the way across town to Will's house, practically threw his bike to the ground, and knocked on the door rapidly.

Jonathan opened the door with a stressed expression.

"Oh thank god you came." He says when he spots Mike. "He's been none stop asking for you."

Mike stopped his nervous jittering. "Who? Will?" He asks.

Jonathan sighs. "Come on, I'll explain in the kitchen."

...

"So are you going to explain what happened?" Mike said anxiously. Jonathan looked down the hall to where Will's door was and sighed once again.

"Argyle, he.." Jonathan started. "I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but Argyle somehow got Will to.. smoke." He says carefully.

Mike's eyebrows shoot up.

Jonathan notices his reaction and continues. "I've been taking care of him for the past few hours, I only just realized he was high this morning." He looked like he had difficulty saying the word high when it came to his younger brother. "But now I need to go to my job in a few minutes or I'll be fired, so could you..?" He trails off, and looks at Mike hopefully.

"Take care of Will? Of course!" Mike guesses correctly. Jonathan sighs in relief.

They both stand up and Jonathan checks his watch. "Alright, he's in his room." He says to Mike, pointing in that direction. "Don't let him outside, and do not let him have more of it."

Mike nods. Jonathan sighs for the last time and makes his way out of the house. Mike waits a few moments before heading down to Will's room. He grabs onto the doorknob, bracing himself, and opens the door.

The scent of marijuana invades his nose. He grimaces in disgust.

Will was lying on the floor with his legs propped up on his bed. Thankfully, Jonathan had gotten the smoke to leave the room via the window, but the smell was still in the air. At the sound of the door opening, Will's head turned to look at Mike.

A dazed smile appears on his face.

"Hey Will." Mike says as he walks over to him, closing the door behind him.

Will turns his body to face the raven haired boy. "Mike!" He says. "Hi." Mike sits down next to him. "Why are you here?"

From this close, Mike could see the blood shot eyes Will was currently sporting were glazed over and watching Mike with amusement. Mike grimaced slightly at the sight.

"Your brother wanted me to watch over you, so I said yes." Mike explained.

Will slowly blinks. "Okay." He says simply. There was another moment of silence. Will stared at Mike with a face of awe, like a child would to a large lollipop. "I like your hair." Will blurts out after a moment, startling Mike.

Strangely, Mike finds his cheeks starting to warm. "Really?" He says with a slight chuckle.

The brunette nods solemnly. "And your eyes, you have pretty eyes." He says. "Their brown."

Mike laughs a little. "I know-" He starts. He was interrupted when Will abruptly sat up and grabbed Mike's hand. "W-Will?" Mike questions, his face growing redder by the second. Stop it Mike, you're not gay. He reprimands himself.

And yet that didn't stop him from growing even more red when Will places Mike's hand on his forehead. Will giggles a little and flops onto Mike's chest, earning a yelp of surprise. He wraps his arms around the latter and squeezes tightly.

"And you're soft." Will says. He squeezes a little tighter, buries his face in the crook of Mike's neck. "Very soft."

Mike was as red as a tomato, but Will showed no signs of moving. Slowly, Mike patted Will's head. He began to pet the top of Will's hair until he could feel Will start to doze off.

Once he was sure that the brunette was asleep, Mike looked around for a way out of the situation. In the end, all he could do was grab a blanket from Will's bed and drape it over the two of them.

"Hopefully this mess stops when you wake up." Mike says quietly to Will's sleeping body. Deep breaths make Will's chest rise and fall. "It's weird."

He only heard Will exhale slowly in reply. Mike slowly pulled both him and Will over to the wall where a pillow was. He rested himself and the sleeping boy against it. He slowly unlatched Will from his waist and sighed.

Will nuzzled his face into the pillow. Mike sighed with a smile.

They stayed like that for a few hours, until Mike finally decided to get up.

As he stood up, Will mumbled something incoherent. Mike looked down at him before stretching his arms. He quietly makes his way out of the room and into the kitchen to make something to eat.

He decides on making a simple meal of PB&J's. After he finishes his, he hears a thud coming from Will's room. Mike drops the knife on the plate and bolts into the room.

Mike's anxiety disappears when he sees Will had just fallen from the pillow onto the floor. Apparently, that wasn't enough for Will to wake up, so Mike walked forward and righted Will's sleeping form back onto the pillow.

Will's eyes then flutter open. "Mike?" He says. His voice was a little scratchy from sleep, deep as well. Mike felt his heart beat at a quicker pace.

"Good morning sleepyhead." Mike greets with a smile.

The brunette sits up and rubs his eye. "It's morning?" He questions.

Mike shakes his head. "No, but you woke up." He says. "So it's morning for you."

Will's eyes open, his normal, hazel brown eyes. Mike internally sighs with relief. That piece of drama was done.

<^> To Be Continued

(1k words)

Idk how people act when they're high okay? 😭