Chapter 2

"Where have you been, Sam?" Sam's mom asked for the hundredth time, but she didn't answer her question. It's not like she didn't respect her decision in her life, but she was tired of them. After all, she was also human. She wanted to take some time to accept everything that had happened in her life.

As she made her way to her room to get ready for the following rituals, she found herself standing in front of her door. She wasn't the type to let anyone enter her room without permission, but she assumed no one was inside, so she didn't bother knocking. She pushed on the door to open it, only to collide with a strong, muscular body. She closed her eyes tightly, hesitant to see who it was.

She recognized him by his scent. Yes, he was different from others; his cologne brought her a sense of peace. Her hands found their way to his waist, and her face rested against his chest as his hand gripped her shoulder to prevent her from falling. She didn't know what this feeling was, but his embrace provided warmth, and she found herself enjoying it, if only for a moment. The sound of her laughter echoed in her ears.

"No, Sam, don't do this to your sister. He's Avyan's dad, your brother-in-law, and your sister's husband only," her thoughts revolved around her relationship with him. She jerked her hand away and looked into his eyes.

Her eyes showed no emotions; they were blank, mirroring her heart. She longed to see some emotion in his eyes directed towards her. She desperately wanted it now, but he remained blank, as he always had. Because to him, she was just his sister-in-law, nothing more.

"Sorry," he said to her.

"I'm the one who should apologize to you," she replied before he could say anything that would further break her heart, as he had done before.

"It's my room, that's why I didn't knock on the door. But why are you in this room?" Her question caused his face to flush red, but he held his composure. Why had his face turned red? She asked in a questioning manner, though his reaction suggested she accused him.

"Hmm, her room isn't cleaned yet, that's why I'm in your room," he said hesitantly.

"What have you done, Sam? Why are you making him uncomfortable?" Her inner thoughts began to churn. "Just look at him, he's clearly uncomfortable with you asking that question!"

"It's okay, you can stay here," she said, not waiting for his response, knowing he had already indicated his agreement. With that, she turned to leave, darting out of her room and out of his sight.

As she made her way toward her mom's room, she paused, wanting to check on Avyan first. What was he up to now? He was such a lively child, taking after his mother, but lacking his father's features. It made her wonder why he wasn't more like his father. Nevertheless, his smile was just like his father's – charming and infectious.

On her way, she encountered her mom, who seemed ready to scold her with a glare.

"Mom, where's Avyan?" Sam asked quickly, trying to divert her mom's attention.

"Have you lost your senses, Sam? He's in your room with Adhi," her mom replied incredulously, causing Sam to facepalm in embarrassment.

"Mom's correct, Sam, you've lost your sense. No, wait, did you even have any sense to begin with?" Her inner thoughts fought back with her.

"Okay, ma, I'll go check on him," Sam replied hastily, fleeing from the confrontation. She had no energy to argue with anyone; she just wanted some peace.

Once again, she found herself standing in front of her room. If she knocked, she'd have to stand there like a statue until someone answered. She realized she hadn't listened to what he had said earlier. What should she do now?

"Sam," his voice brought her back from her thoughts. She turned to him, feeling lost in his eyes.

"Huh?" Her words stumbled out, unsure of what to say, as she was captivated by his gaze.

"Do you need anything from your room?" he asked politely. Despite his wealth, he didn't behave arrogantly. He was a gem of a person. But she couldn't help but wonder how he would treat her after their marriage.

"Huh," she cleared her throat. "I came to see him. Where's Avyan? Is he with you?" She didn't wait for a response before firing off her question. You're acting irrationally, Sam! She think about in her mind.

"Yes, he's with me and sleeping now," he replied, turning his attention to the sleeping child on the bed. Avyan looked so adorable while sleeping.

"If you don't mind, can I go? I have important work to attend to," he asked, waiting for her response.

"Yeah, go ahead. He's my child too," she said, and he nodded before leaving the room. Avyan looked like a sleeping beauty.

Her steps moved towards Avyan, and she kissed his forehead. The day he arrived was the happiest day of her life. His tiny pink hand touched her longer one, holding her thumb tightly, the best moment of her life. On his birthday, she didn't know how to hold a newborn baby at first, but once she held him in her arms, it was a beautiful experience. He was her first and only child, but she wondered about the future and what it held.

With love Thee🤍✨