Chapter 17

"Ennachu, Yuktha?" Yuktha rubbed her lips continuously and brushed her teeth for the nth time since she returned home. Her mom looked at her as if she had seen a mad girl who had lost her senses for a while. 

(What happened?) 

"Nothing, Ma," Yuktha said as she looked at her lips through the mirror, her thoughts drifting to him. She couldn't help but think about how he took her first kiss from her. 

"Then why are you rubbing your lips continuously? And why have you brushed your teeth so many times since you returned home?" Her mom asked, bewildered to see her daughter in this state. 

"Maa, just leave me alone," Yuktha said as she took a dress from her closet and went towards the restroom. Yuktha had a confused mind after his lips touched her, and she even doubted herself for thinking about him after he left her, but her mind kept roaming back to him.

After she came back from the restroom, She directly went towards her phone and she picked up her phone from the table and called someone whom she had missed a lot recently. Despite not having had a long conversation with each other in recent times, their bond remained the same as when they first met. She heard her soulmate's voice after a long time. On the other end, the person called her by her second name. She loved hearing that name coming from that person, as only they knew she had a second name.

"How was your day, Madhi?" Yuktha  asked and heard how soulless the voice sounded through the phone call. She realized the person's enthusiasm had been gone for a long time, but she still yearned to hear their enthusiastic and carefree tone, even though she knew that was never going to happen.

"I'm okay, Di, but...." Yuktha knew the person who spoke would understand everything just by hearing her voice.

"No, no, I'll tell you what happened when we meet, okay?" Yuktha shyly smiled as she heard the other person on the phone call start to tease her.

"Okay, stop it! Now, tell me, how is my girl?" Yuktha never failed to think about her little girl. That girl brought all the happiness to them when no one else was even ready to give them the slightest bit of happiness. She even remembered her gummy smile and tiny fingers, which held her hair tightly while she played and fought with her.

"Okay, I'll call you back later. bye Madhi..." Yuktha ended the call and headed towards her father's room to address the matter. She intended to complain about what had happened, but she couldn't bring herself to utter a single word to her dad. It wasn't that she was afraid of her father; rather, she wasn't sure why she couldn't explain what had really happened. Her heart refused to open up, and her mind kept returning to him, remembering the feeling of his lips against hers. She was simply furious at him for making her feel this way.

"I know you're thinking about me," Yuktha read the notification that came from an unknown number, even though she knew who it was from.

"I hate you!" Yuktha replied back to him and waited for his return text, but she didn't receive it. After ten minutes passed,

"Me too... But except for your lips," Yuktha read the text and threw the phone in shyness; his words made her feel shy. She had never felt this way about anyone before, but him. He made her smile and feel shy... a pure devil in and out, until she met him.

_

"Ennachu, ippo ethukku loosu mari siruchu kittu irukka nee?" Adhi was annoyed to the core to see Vishnu grinning from ear to ear.

(What happened, why are you smiling like a fool now?)

"Adhula unakku sonna puriyathu macha," Vishnu said, correcting his hairstyle as he glanced at his phone's camera. Adhi gave him a death glare, irritated by his shy smile. The way Vishnu kept checking his phone from time to time made Adhi want to punch his face.