Chapter 8

After a little emotional drama with him, Sam didn't see him yet. She went down to have her breakfast while everyone settled in their respective places, but he wasn't there. Where is he? Her eyes roamed all over the place to find him, but he wasn't there! Did he have his breakfast or did he not come out from his room? Could she ask her mom where he is? No! If she asks the question, her mom will hit her for not staying with him on the wedding night. Why does her heart want to see him? WHY! She's not interested in seeing him, but her inner heart wants to see him to make sure he is okay.

"SAM" Her thoughts were broken when she yelled her name. She turned her attention to her.

"Why are you shouting, ma?" She asked in an irritating tone.

"Am I screaming?" She asked, lifting her left eyebrow.

"Yeah, you are!" She said, going to sit on the chair.

"Why did you come alone? Where is he?" Sam's mom came to stand beside her. 

What could I do? Why is she so concerned about him?" Sam thought to herself.

"He... Hm-m... He didn't sleep well last night, that's why he is sleeping now," Sam said, scooping a spoonful of ven pongal and tipping it into the sampar with chutney. But Sam's mom held her hand.

"Sam," she said, gritting her teeth. Sam stood up in her place.

"Enna ma?" Sam asked, holding back her anger.

("What, mom?" )

"Adhiya kooptu vaa poo," her mom said, dragging her out from there.

("Go and bring Adhi here,")

"If you are concerned about him, then you should go and bring him here for breakfast," Sam said, looking at her, while her mom's eyes glistened with tears.

"Darn! Those tears! She knows my weakness, that's why she always cries in front of me and makes me obey. I want to run away from here, especially from her sight! Her mom's tears are my weakness," Sam thought to herself.

"Don't cry, mom," Sam quickly said as she hugged her mother and then headed towards his room.

In front of his room, Sam tried to gather the strength to face him after they had a little emotional drama. First, she knocked on the door, but there was no response. Now she had one choice left, so she held the doorknob to open it. It wasn't locked, and she entered the room, only to find that he wasn't there.

"Where is he?" Sam said, glancing around the room, but he wasn't there, so she went towards the balcony. "Aww! He has good taste like me," she thought. "As per her wish, his balcony was filled with plants and roses. In this world, Sam has never hated two things: one was herself, and another one was plants. HEHE! She loves herself a lot because she has no one to love her, and she doesn't want to! 'How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.' It's not her words, but this sentence has her heart."

"You like it?" His voice brought her back from her self-love thoughts. She turned her attention to him. "Krishna! He is freaking handsome in this suit and his messy hair."

"Loved it," she said, pursing the rose petals.

"If you want, pluck it," he said, coming beside her, creating a distance between them, but his scent, combined with the rose smell, created a different flavor that hit her nostrils; it was her new addiction from now on.

"No," Sam said, touching her nose with rose petals and brushing it.

"Why?" He put his two hands on her hips on either side.

"I said I loved it, not liked it," she said, getting up from the place and looking at him.

"Both have the same meaning," he said, eager to understand her preferences, but she didn't know how to explain.

"Ippo rose-ah paruchu, atha thalaila vacha, athu evlo neram vadama irukkum?" she asked him.

("Now that you've plucked the rose, how long will it last in your hair?"

Adhi didn't answer her question and stared at her as if he were waiting for her reply.

"But the rose in your hair won't last long after it's been plucked, and I prefer not to enjoy something that will wither away. Like Buddha once said, love and like have different meanings: 'When you like a flower, you just pluck it; when you love a flower, you water it daily,'" she explained, earning an awestruck expression from him.

"You are completely different from Vika," he remarked, shifting his gaze towards the sky. Her expression turned blank at the mention of her name.

"Because I'm Sam, not Vika," she replied, mirroring his action.

"Yeah, you are not my Vika," he whispered.

My Vika? You were lucky to have him in your life because he is still in love with you! Madly! Deeply! Truly!" Sam thought to herself.

"Amma sapda ungala keela kooptanga" Sam said, taking strides towards the room. But before she could take another step, her foot came into direct contact with the water smeared on the floor.

("Mom asked you to come down to eat")

"Ahh, ammaa," Sam exclaimed, and within a fraction of a second, she heard him shout and ran towards her.

"Pathu pathu ma," he said, one hand holding her palm and the other one gripping her waist.

("Be careful ma")

Sam held onto his palm tightly, with her other hand in the air. She narrowly missed falling; if he hadn't been there, she would have been on the floor.

She nodded her head and withdrew her hand from his grip, but before she could take another step, she heard his screaming sound.

"Ahhhhh!" he shouted, throwing his hands in the air as he prepared to fall to the floor.

"Pathu pathu," Sam said, rushing to hold him, but the floor betrayed her too. She didn't have enough strength to support him as he had held her before. Consequently, she fell to the floor, and he landed on top of her. He placed his hands on either side, creating a few inches of space between them. Despite the distance, Sam could feel his warmth enveloping her body, and his hot breath against her face.

("Be careful")

"Unable to handle the proximity any longer, Sam tried to get up," she said, her voice trembling slightly. "But he caught her actions."

As he helped her to her feet, she felt his breath on her neck, sending a shiver down her spine. "His touch gives me the same shiver as before," she thought, unable to contain the flutter in her heart.

Before she could react, he stood up and left the room, leaving her to ponder the unexpected sensation his presence evoked.

Sam touched her neck where his lips had brushed, feeling the heat rise to her cheeks. Was she blushing?

Thanks to you guys!❤️
With love
Thee❤️