Chapter 5

Saying the mantra was very difficult for Adhi. Whenever he tried, her face lit up. After many attempts, he finally managed to say it. Everyone was enjoying our wedding, but all he heard was her voice laughing and calling his name.

It was time for her arrival at the venue, and Adhi's heart skipped a beat. How could he face her? Their relationship had changed in the blink of an eye... from what they were to what they are now!!

Could he give her what she deserves and a place in his heart? What had they done? Both of them had attached themselves to a relationship that had no scope for them!!

Before he could catch his breath, it was time for him to see her. She walked over, but he couldn't see her. Her friends formed a semi-circle around her, blocking his view to add to the surprise - and they did. When they parted, he saw a very beautiful young lady with a smile as if greeting them all. Yes, she wore the saree, but it would be hard for him to say who was more beautiful. Surely, no one could take her place. But should they say this was her big step, or had she sacrificed her life and career for them?"

Adhi's mind drifted back as she took steps. His mind flooded with images of the girl he helped study for, the girl he drove to her college, and the girl who graduated from college.

Where did the time go? He didn't know what to say to her. He tried to keep it together for both of them so she wouldn't cry.

So, he stayed in the middle of the ritual, breathing hard and trying to absorb everything under her gaze. He had experienced many terrifying and meaningful moments in his life, but none of them compared to this moment.

When she started walking again, he felt like he was reliving every minute they once shared. He had been dreading this moment for months, but now it was here. A tear escaped his right eye, and he quickly wiped it away before anyone noticed. She came near him and sat down. Everyone started clapping and cheering.

She gave everyone a big smile as he noticed the tears glistening in her eyes. Another moment they both dreaded was posing for pictures. They posed, but both kept their distance. Everyone was taking their pictures, and they were both smiling, hiding their pain.

The photographer asked them to pose as Mr. and Mrs. Aditya Dev. She gasped, and he also did. It sounded foreign. She was his wife now. She was his responsibility. All of this was true, fair, normal, and natural.

Before, they posed but kept their distance, but now they were close to each other. The photographer made their situation more awkward. They accepted the reality, but they needed some time to know and understand each other's lives.

"Bro, just do as I say," he wanted to smack the photographer's head.

But they stood like statues while the photographers were waiting for them. It wasn't right to make them wait. He took the first step to hold her waist, but his hand didn't touch her waist. There was a few inches of gap between his hand and her waist.

"Bro, if you don't mind, could I teach you how to pose for this shot?" the photographer said, placing his camera on the table and coming towards them. What? She was his wife now, and he hadn't allowed someone to touch his wife!!

"No, it's okay," He said.

She gasped when he put his hand on her waist, direct contact to her bare skin, and her hand rested on his biceps. There was a few inches of gap between them, their bodies not touching, but the photographer made it happen. He pulled her towards him, and she collided with his chest. Her heart was throbbing fast, as was his. They looked into each other's eyes, but she averted her gaze away from him, withdrew her hand, and turned her attention towards the photographer.

"Enough!" she said, and left without looking back. He looked around, noticing everyone's gaze fixed on him. When she left, they all looked at him with pitiful expressions. He hated that. He understood her situation. They were both in the same battle, but she tried to act like they were okay with each other and not show it to others, yet she did.

_

Sam was in the guest room. Because of this home, all the rooms were reminders of her. There was no room left without her photo frame. At first, his mom suggested she go to his room, and Sam agreed. However, when she entered his room, their picture frame was placed in the center of the wall.

Turning to look around, Sam made a big mistake. His room was filled with frames, and she couldn't bear to stand there anymore. She left the place and went to the guest room, but even there, a photo frame of her was present. Sam accepted it, knowing she didn't have a choice. One frame was taken on their wedding day.

During their marriage, Sam was the one who gave ideas on how to pose and which poses suited them. But never did she imagine she would take her place in just one day.

It was very difficult for Sam to stay close to him. When his palm touched her bare waist, a shiver ran down her spine. Sam wanted to disappear from there, but she couldn't. She hated herself for reacting to his touch. Their proximity formed heat between them, or maybe just within her. Unable to stand it anymore, Sam left the room. If he was mad at her for not informing him before she left, Sam resolved that she would break his nose.

"Why did you leave him there?" Sam's mom's voice echoed throughout the whole room.

"I felt sleepy," Sam replied, sitting on the bed.

"The rituals are not complete," her mom said, glaring at her.

"But I'm not in the mood for that," Sam said, lying on the mattress and closing her eyes as if she wasn't interested in arguing with her mom.

Bang!

The sound of the door banging echoed in Sam's ears. Her mom left. Sam felt it wasn't her fault at all. She was human too and needed space to accept reality. There were still many rituals to be done, but she wanted some time to escape reality and get some sleep.

Thank you so much for the 1k reads❤️
With love
Thee❤️