𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

excuse any grammar mistakes 🙂

March 12th

Atlanta, Georgia

*Ring Ring Ring Ring*

Cinese looked down at her phone to see who was calling her. Once she saw the caller ID, she rolled her eyes. It was her mother. She never had a stable relationship with her mom.

"Y'all excuse me for a second, my moms calling me." She told her friends. She got up and walked to the bathroom. She answered her mom's call after the third ring.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Cinese!" Her mom shouted through the phone. She sighed because she knew her mom was going to start nagging.

"Yes, mommy?" She asked.

"I need you to come over and help me pack." Her mom spoke.

"I can't right now though. I told you this."

"I don't care! I'm your mother, If I say I want you here now, you will come here now." Her mother exclaimed.

Although Cinese is 22, her mother still treats her as if she was still living with her. Cinese always found living with her hell. They've never had a good mother-daughter relationship growing up. They constantly argued, and would never listen to what Cinese was saying. Her mother thought Cinese owed her respect when she never gave Cinese's hers.

She would always think about cutting her mother off, but her fathers words stuck with her. Her father died when she was 14, so she never really had a father figure in her life. He would always explain to her how her mother is all she has. Those words always stuck with her.

"I'll see if I can be there in 10" She told her mom.

"Okay. Bye." Her mom said, hanging up.