16. watch the movie!

ALL OF THE  UPPER-CLASSES are sitting in the gym, watching a bomb safety video

ALL OF THE  UPPER-CLASSES are sitting in the gym, watching a bomb safety video. Angie lays her head on Gil's shoulder as she sits in the row behind her friends, next to her brother.

"Hey, maybe they could have handed out turtle shells in Hiroshima," Nancy whispers to Olivia, "I would have done it, but my family and I were busy being imprisoned by our own government."

"Forget the bomb!" Richie elbows Gil, "Wait til we light up the sky tonight with these!" He shows the T-Birds (and Angie) fireworks.

"We are going to pull so many pranks," Gil tells his friends as Angie rolls her eyes at him, her head falling off her shoulder.

"No pranks at the drive-in tonight," Angie tells him, making Olivia turn around and nod in agreement.

Olivia adds, "I want to watch the movie."

Nathaniel leans up to her, "You want to watch it next to me, sweetheart?"

She sighs as Richie glares at Nathaniel, "Fine." She pushes him away, "Hey, Nancy, Nath's gonna give us a ride."

"Oh!" Nancy moves her bag and sits beside Olivia as Nathaniel sits back in defeat.

"Me three! Me three!" Potato says as Angelina and Gil laugh at the defeat on Nathaniel's face.

"They never saw it coming," Jane whispers, waking up Cynthia.

"What's hitting you, Facciano?" Cynthia asks.

"I just have this feeling something bad's gonna happen tonight."

"Not on my watch," Nancy leans over Olivia, Angie sitting beside Nancy and leaning in too, "Halloween is my Christmas."

"Yeah, relax, the election's in the bag," Angie tells her friend.

"Yeah, especially after we got everyone's jackets back," Olivia adds.

"Buddy would need a miracle to win," Cynthia soothes Jane's nerves.

"I know, I know," she rolls her eyes, "Everything's good. The election, Richie. But it's always the calmest right before the storm."

The bell rings and everyone files out of the gym, Gil wrapping an arm around Angie as he guides her out.

"I'll pick you up at..."

"6:45," Angie looks at her boyfriend, smiling.

"All right," He kisses her.

~•~

THE BELL RINGS, signaling the end of the period and all the people on the paper file out, except Olivia, and Angie who waits at the table next to her, checking her nails, not paying attention to anything.

Olivia finishes her paper, pulling it out of the typewriter, grabbing her jacket and signaling to her friend to leave. The two walk to the door, Olivia hands the paper to Mr. Daniels.