04. only because my feet hurt

BEING DRAGGED into the mechanic's classroom, Angie sits on a random box, beside the old car the T-Birds are working on.

"We have to do something," Gil says, rolling out from underneath the car, "Tbe T-Bird name demands respect."

"The T-Bird jacket demands respect," Potato rolls out from under the car.

"Speaking of jackets-" Cynthia starts, catching Angelina's attention.

"Let's just forget the whole thing," Shy Guy says, brushing them off.

"You know our place?" Richie asks.

"Our place is at the top," Gil tells them, Angelina gazing at him in awe as Cynthia walks in front of the boys, next to Angelina's seat.

"I wanna be a T-Bird!" Cynthia exclaims, resulting in laughter from the boys and a smile from Angelina, "Come on! Fellas, I'm serious. I'm with you guys all the time, anyway. And I always bring the booze and reefer."

"Reefer?" Potato questions, "You got us one half a birdied, one time."

"You smoked it," Cynthia tells him, "Please, I'll earn my way in. A bona fide initiation!"

"Initiation?" Richie asks, "What are you gonna do?"

Cynthia thinks for a moment before looking at Angelina's raised eyebrows, "I'll get you revenge," she says, piquing the boys interest.

Cynthia convinces the boys to let her "try out" for being a T-Bird with a mini speech.

"So how are we getting this revenge," Gil asks, arm around Angelina.

"We're gonna disrupt their little hero-worship ceremony tonight."

"The pep rally?" Potato asks.

"And if we pull it off, I get my own T-Birds jacket."

"Hell, if we pull it off," Richie looks to the other boys, "I'll give you mine."

"Woo-hoo!" Cynthia exclaims, climbing the car. The class goes on and the boys part, Gil and Angelina walking out slowly, talking about their days.

"Will you drive me home?" She asks the boy, hope glistening in her eyes as she looks up at him.

"Who else would?" He snarks, making her shove him as they walk to the car, "I'm kidding! I'll gladly drive you any day."

~•~

NOW AT THE PEP RALLY, Angelina stands with her family, in between her two siblings, looking around for Gil and the rest of the T-Birds, only finding Olivia sat atop a car with her book. The band starts before she can go over to her friend, as she sits down.

The football team and cheer squad make their way in as Patty looks at her older sister, a smile taking up her whole face as she whispers, "I'm gonna be a cheerleader next year, just you wait and see!" Before she can respond to her little sister a banner is dropped in front of the one already in place. And 'RYDELL HIGH GOES ALL THE WAY' is cruelly replaced with 'JANE FACCIANO GOES ALL THE WAY.'

Gasping, Angelina covers her sisters eyes, feeling sorry for the kind girl on stage as she looks behind her and sees. The mascots come in and everything is normal until they pull their pants down and moon the crowd, Nathaniel now covering Angelina's eyes with his hand.

"Put those away!" McGee shouts as Nathaniel removes his hand, "I want to see those in my office!" Nathaniel and Angelina look at each other and snicker.

Cynthia's mask comes off and she turns around, Nathaniel and Angelina looking at each other with worry in their eyes. "Rydell Rangers are losers!" She shouts as the boys stand up, "T-Birds rule!"