19. you ramble a lot

ANGIE LEAVES Nancy and Jane to help Cynthia, remembering the time she told Gil to meet her at the school

ANGIE LEAVES Nancy and Jane to help Cynthia, remembering the time she told Gil to meet her at the school. She rushes into the hallway, almost tripping as she does.

"You look gorgeous," Gil sighs as he sees the girl from behind. Angie spins around to see the boy dressed in a baby blue sport coat.

"Thank you," she giggles when he helps her find her balance, "So do you. You look handsome, I mean. Not that there's anything wrong with a man looking gorgeous, but I figure—"

He cuts her off by kissing her gently, "You ramble a lot," He smiles as he opens the box in his hand, showing her the corsage he got her, "Olivia helped me pick it out. I hope it's right, do you like it?"

"I love it!" Angie leans up and kisses him on the cheek, "Help me put it on?" He helps her with a smile as she looks over to the other side of the lobby. She sees her friends present Cynthia to the other T-Birds, her brother included.

"Ta-da!" The T-Birds all look at Shy Guy as he stares at the girl in yellow, Angie and Gil walking over, arm in arm.

Cynthia approaches him, "You look different," he stutters, opening the corsage box.

"Gee. Thanks." She looks him up and down, "Gimme that," she snatched the box out his hands and walks away.

Angie walks up to her brother and straightens his tie, "The green looks very nice," She tells him, brushing his shoulders, "I'm glad Patty was there to help you."

"She chose well," Nathaniel smiles at his younger sister.

"Well?" Potato asks Nancy as she scans over him, "What do you think?"

"Cut, color, proportion—" She judges, "You didn't nail a single one. And yet somehow I can't look away." He goes to help her with the corsage but she slaps him away, "This is stunning."

Jane looks at Nathaniel standing awkwardly, "Hi, um, Olivi—"

"I'm sorry I'm late," Olivia rushes up to them, "I was just finishing setting up. Oh," She sighs, "You look very handsome."

"You too," Nathaniel smiles, "I mean, beautiful, not, uh..." he laughs awkwardly, "I— Uh, sorry. I'm just trying to repress my impulse to act like a cartoon wolf right now." he drops the corsage as Jane and Angie look at each other and shrug, "I-uh... How am I doing?"

"Good," Olivia nods, the two laughing, "Thank you."

"They grow up so fast," Gil fake wipes a tear from under his eyes as him and Angie follow behind their friends to the line. Angie laughs as he wraps an arm around her waist.

They all wait in line together, finally reaching the front. They're greater by Ms. St. Clair at the door where she promptly stops them.

"Oh," she exclaims, "Let me see..." She looks through her papers on her clip board, "Oh, I'm sorry, kids, but we won't be able to host any of you this evening."