06. my mother would kill me

RING. RING. RING. Angelina picks up her room's phone. "Hello, this is Angelina Simcox. Who's speaking?"

"Hey, Angie."

"Gil!" She exclaims, a smile spreading across her face, "How're you?"

"I'm good," he smiles, "Need a ride tomorrow?"

"If my parents ever lets me leave the house again," she mutters, "McGee called and Patty answered before I could get to it. Handed the phone right to my mom. My punishment is to be decided."

"I'll pick you up at the same time, then?"

"Works for me," she snorts, "Anything else?"

"Just wanted to ask since you stole my car earlier."

"Olivia and I returned it," she laughs, "We borrowed your car. Thank you for your kind service."

"You have a pretty laugh, Angie," Gil mumbles, blushing when he realizes what he said.

"Thank- thank you," Angelina mumbles, bright red, "You have a pretty laugh, too." She mentally smacks herself in the face for that as he laughs gently. A knock on her door sounded, startling her, "Sorry, I have to go. Same time, yeah?"

"Yeah, I'll see you in the morning, Angie." Her mother walks in just as she puts the phone down.

"Who was that?" Ms. Simcox asks, a smile on her face.

"No one, just my friend, Gil."

"Whose Gil?" Her dad asks.

"My friend." Angie forces a smile, "So, am I grounded indefinitely?"

"Not at all," her mother says as she sits beside her eldest daughter, "You just have to do your siblings chores for the next month."

"Okay," Angelina looks down, "I'm so so so incredibly sorry. I promise no one will ever see my butt ever again."

Her father laughs, "We accept your apology and believe you, that's why you only have to do the chores."

"Ohhh."

~•~

"VICIOUS VIXENS perform vulgar acts," Jane reads the paper to the group, "before violently vacating the premises."

"Who wrote this?" Cynthia laughs, "Mother Goose?"

"Even more shocking were the ideas Ms. Facciano espoused," Olivia continues reading, "in her manifesto-like speech."

"Oh!" Angelina reads, "To paraphrase Richard Nixon, speaking of his 1950 Senate opponent Helen Gahagan Douglas, 'she's pink right down to her underwear."

Jane looks up from the paper, "They're calling us communists! This will sink my entire campaign."

"Are you kidding?" Nancy exclaims, "That's great press, and it's going to work perfectly," she walks in front of the group, showing off her confidence, "with our new jackets."

She pulls out a black jacket with the words 'Black Widows' on the back along side a very violent image of a black widow eating another spider.

"So?" Nancy asks, "What do you think?"

"It's violent," Olivia states.

"Thanks!" Nancy breathes, "We're the Black Widows! Nobody messes with us because if they do, we eat them for breakfast." She pulls on the jacket and more fabric depicting blood is revealed, making Angelina gasp.