21. in the middle of something

ANGIE WANDERS THE HALLS of Rydell, looking for Gil

ANGIE WANDERS THE HALLS of Rydell, looking for Gil. She looses herself in her head, thinking about how to tell him, when she walks right into something. Looking up to see exactly who she's looking for.

"Oh my gosh!" She exclaims in the dark hallway, "I was just looking for you."

Gil laughs as he pulls her into the nearest classroom, "I was looking for you, too. I need to tell you something."

"Oh! That doesn't sound good," Angie sits on a desk as he sits on the desk across from her.

"It's good... hopefully." Gil rubs the back of his neck nervously before saying, "Angie, I love you. ... I know that it's soon, but I've loved you since third gra—" Angie cuts him off by placing her lips on his, kissing him with so much passion it makes his head spin.

She pulls away, smiling, "I'm sorry, that was rude, I shouldn't have cut you off like that."

Gil laughs, pulling her in again, "You're all good."

"I love you," Angelina tells him, "That's why I was looking for you, I wanted to tell you."

"This was just perfect, then, wasn't it?" He laughs.

"One hundred percent," she leans in and kisses him again, "I've loved you since eighth grade when you comforted me while I was crying over the cat I saw on the side of the road," Angie whispers.

"I've loved you since I pulled on your pig-tails in third grade," he kisses her, passionately yet gently all at the same time.

The two continue on until someone bursts through the door. The two breaking apart to see Potato standing awkwardly.

"Angie," he half-laughs, "Nancy said to give this to you."

"We're kind of in the middle of something," Gil nods his head towards the door as Angie stands and walks towards Potato, grabbing the paper.

"She's crying in the girls' bathroom," Potato tells them, worry laced through his tone, "She refuses to talk to me."

Angie reads the paper quickly, looking at Gil before saying, "I need to go."

~•~

NATHANIEL FINDS OLIVIA in the home economics classroom. He knocks on the door, leaning against the open door.

"What are you doing here?" Olivia sits up on the table.

"Looking for you," Nathaniel enters. Olivia stands and walks towards him as he walks towards her.

Just as Nathaniel starts to speak, Potato rushes in, "Olivia. Uh, Nancy told me to give this to you."

"Maybe this could wait?" Nathaniel looks to his friend.

"She's crying in the girls' room," Potato tells them, Olivia snatching the paper out of his hands, "She won't talk to me."

She quickly reads the paper, looking up at Nathaniel, "I'll be back," she walks out the door.