25 | not your daughter

happy pride guys! i hope you get to be as loud & proud as you can be!!

k, happy reading!

-

continued..

"maya what's going on?" i looked at her. "i thought your mom's name was debra. who is this woman?"

maya took a deep breath. "billie," she said as her eyes were still locked on the lady. "this is christy manning..

... my birth mother."

my eyes shot wide as i quickly turned my head to maya, my face full of confusion.

"y- you're adopte-"

"hey maya- oh no," lou said as she approached us. she looked at maya and said "is... is this-"

"yes this is christy," maya shook her head, still locking eyes with the woman.

"oh fuck," lou closed her eyes. "wha- but billie i thought you invited debra," lou said to me.

"i thought i did too," i said. "i guess i invited them both."

"wait you invited both my moms here?" maya looked at me. "why?" she said loudly.

"i- i didn't even know you had two moms!" i exclaimed.

"i don't!" she said. "i don't have a mom at all."

"don't be like that sweetie," christy said. "i'm here to make things right."

"oh fuck off," maya rolled her eyes. "go away."

"now hold on," christy said sternly. "im your mother."

"no you're not!" maya said even sterner.

"okay let's take this more outside," lou said as we all walked out of the building.

"so you're gonna be like that?" christy rose her eyebrows.

"i- i don't even know you!" maya exclaimed.

"yes you do honey," christy said in a more sincere tone.

"no! all i know is that you never gave a fuck about me," maya said. "ever!"

"how can you say that?" christy looked offended.

"how? how- because you left me when i was only 5 years old!" maya exclaimed before looking at me. "neighbors found me inside my home, all alone and my mother nowhere to be found so they called cps and i was taken to an orphanage."

"i was going through a lot!" christy argued to her defense.

"yeah, so was i!" maya yelled back.

maya was breathing heavy, i can tell she was trying not to break down. but at the same time, it seems like she needed this.

like she's been wanting to express herself to her birth mother.

lou and i were just watching, shocked as fuck. especially me.

maya then looked at me. "my grandma that gave me this lion necklace, was her mom," she pointed at christy. "grandma raised me while mom was always gone doing lord knows what."

"grandma gave me the necklace right before she died," she told me. "but when she died, mom lost her shit. rightfully so but i did too considering grandma was who i considered my mom."

"so," i looked at christy. "when your mom died, you left your daughter?" i squinted. "the fuck is wrong with you?"

"i didn't know how to take care of her!" christy shouted.