17 | another life

maya's pov -

"i love how you're randomly going to hawaii," lou chuckled as she watched me pack.

"it's not random," i shrugged. "i mean it's spring break. i rather go there then be stuck on campus."

"yeah i know," she looked down for a second. "you could've came home with me though."

"i rather not risk the possibility of seeing grace or johnny," i shook my head.

lou sighed. "yeah, yeah i know."

"so yeah," i grinned. "i'm excited to go to hawaii. i've never been before plus it gives billie and i a chance to bond without being bothered or interrupted."

"true," she pulled her hair back into a ponytail. "well i'm gonna go finish packing too."

"k," i said.

                                           -

billie's pov -

"i'm about to go get her in a few minutes," i said as i pushed my hair behind my ear.

"and what is your mom gonna say when she finds out you're in hawaii with this girl who she doesn't know?" claudia chuckled as she shook her head.

"i'm grown," i shrugged.

"grown but you're still one of the most famous people alive," she chuckled. "you know they need to to know where you are at all times."

"they'll be okay," i shrugged. "they know i'm going to hawaii. i just told them i'm meeting some influencer people there that drew and i met when we went a couple years ago."

"oh you got it all figured out," she rose her eyebrows.

"trying," i sighed.

"how long are you gonna keep her in the dark b?"

i just glared at her. "bye claudia."

"cmon man i'm serious-"

"good bye claudia seluwski," i dragged.

-

sammy, my driver, drove me to maya's apartment and i snuck my way up to her room to help her bring her bags down. lou opened the door and we hugged as i came in.

maya then came out dragging her two suitcases. "hi babe," she greeted me as she struggled.

"hi," i giggled. "someone is prepared."

"yeah," she laughed. "okay lemme go get my purse," she walked back into her room.

"i'm lowkey jealous," lou chuckled to me. "but thanks for taking her somewhere. she was gonna be stuck here all week if not."

"well where are you going?" i asked her.

"back home to compton to visit my family," she shrugged.

"aren't you both from there? she couldn't have caught a ride?" i furrowed my eyebrows.

"billie," lou whispered. "you know maya doesn't talk to her parents anymore."

"huh?" i furrowed my eyebrows.

"she never told you?" lou furrowed her eyebrows in shock.

"only thing she's ever said about them was that they split," i said. "she's never mentioned them again. and that was the first time i ever stayed here the night of the concert."

"oh," lou looked the opposite direction.

"what?" i asked.

"um nothing."