16 | is this a mistake?

billie's pov -

i sat on my bed, sniffing as i wiped my tears.

i was always suspicious of that damn arden. like she came out of nowhere?? i only thought she had a crush on maya but to be her damn ex???

and i'm not overreacting. i mean just think what you would do or how you'd feel.

like ugh, give me a damn break.

and she really thought she could hand me a damn gift box like what is that supposed to do? like all the shit i had planned for us tonight bruh.

anyway.

i sighed as i laid back on my bed. i turnt my head to look at the clock on my night stand. right next to it, stood a framed picture of griffin and i.

i folded my lips in and closed my eyes. i just shook my head. i really hope i made the right decision.

i went to my kitchen and grabbed a bottle of red wine. i poured me large glass of it and sat on my couch as i started sipping.

time passed and my glass was half empty. i started to take another sip when shark suddenly started barking, causing me to flinch while i had the glass on my lips, making it spill onto me.

i was wearing black but still.

i groaned, got up from the couch, and walked to the kitchen. "what is it, you dumb dog?"

- don't come for me either, y'all know billie be calling that dog dumb.

i then noticed headlights flashing through my closed blinds on my window. i furrowed my eyebrows and went to peep out the window.

of course, i see maya walking up my driveway with her overnight bag over her shoulder. as mad as i was at her, i was so happy and so relieved to see her. i wasn't gonna let her know that though.

she rung my doorbell and i stood by my door, pretending to take a long time to come to it. after about 15 seconds, i opened the door and looked at her with my infamous, rbf.

she sighed as we stared into each other's eyes, both hella irritated.

"well," she rose her eyebrows.

i just rose my eyebrows in question.

"you gone let me in or what?"

"i shouldn't," i said.

"but you are," she tilted her head.

she then looked back at the car before saying "bye louanne. i love you!"

"love you too babe!" lou yelled to her before backing out the drive way.

maya looked at me again, waiting for me to say something but i said nothing. "ugh," she rolled her eyes before brushing past me and walking in the house.

"who do you think you are coming in here like-"

"shut up billie!" she shouted. "shut up!"

i furrowed my eyebrows kind of in shock, i'd never seen her snap before.

"i'm sick of playing this game with you!" she exclaimed.

"what game?" i rose my voice. "this shit isn't a game."

"i can't tell-"

"if you wouldn't have been playing around with your girlfriend all night then you'd know-"

"we aren't together!" she basically screamed. "god, how fucking insecure are you," she mumbled under her breath.

"excuse me," i rose my eyebrows, walking towards her. "this coming from the girl that boohoo'd over griff and i walking the carpet together," i tilted my head.