1 | guess who

"test on friday guys! study study study!" my professor yelled as we walked out of the huge ass classroom.

i sighed as i threw my tote bag around my shoulder and walked along the sidewalk to get back to my dorm room.

"hey maya," some guy walked up to me. "do you have the answers to last week's homework?"

i stopped and squinted. "last week? why would i still have that shit? i turned it in," i rolled my eyes and kept walking.

a girl then walked up to me. "hey maya," she smiled. "remember study sesh tonight at my dorm."

"fuck i forgot," i slapped my thigh. "i can't, i work tonight."

i kept walking and eventually made it back to my dorm. it's a 2 bedroom dorm that's apartment style so it's very spacious. we have a kitchen, living room, and we have our own bathroom in each of our rooms.

i put the code in the keypad and walked into the apartment that smelled of vanilla. and of course it's because my roommate left a vanilla candle burning right on the kitchen counter.

"lou!" i yelled, trying to see if she was here. "lou! ugh!" i groaned as i blew the candle out and walked into my bedroom, setting my stuff down.

i went back into the kitchen and opened the fridge to find nothing but applesauce, eggs, and everything you need to make a beautiful iced coffee.

i sighed and grabbed the cinnamon flavored applesauce before digging in the dishwasher for a spoon.

the door then opens and in comes lou [ lew ].
lou is my roommate and best friend since middle school. though we grew up in compton, it was always our dream to attend ucla and we made it happen thanks to scholarships.

she's your typical pretty college girl who brings a new boy in every week. but ya know? i'm not mad at her. do ya thing playa.

she's also funny, very social and makes the best iced coffee that i mentioned earlier. oh, she's also studying law. which is perfect because she loves to argue.

me? i'm basically the same except i don't fuck with guys. and i don't study law. im studying for public relations.

"lou for the bajillionth time you cannot leave a candle burning while neither of us are here," i stressed to her.

"maya for the cajillionth time, nothing will happen," she rolled her eyes. "the place smells good doesn't it?" she grinned as she walked to her room.

"the fridge is empty!" i yelled to her.

"fill it!"

"i have to work tonight," i said. "you do it."

"ughhhh," she groaned. "you've been working every fucking day."

"yeah it's to redeem my bank account for those fucking billie eilish tickets," i scoffed.

"i thought you said the concert tickets weren't that high?" lou shrugged.

"no but the meet n greet passes took me out," i said before dumping the rest of the applesauce in my mouth.

"it'll all be worth it when you meet her though," lou squealed in excitement for me.

"i know," i smiled. "if she doesn't sing bitches broken hearts i may very well walk out."

"wait are you like camping?"

"god no," i shook my head. "i love billie but the meet n greet will make up for not having barricade. i just can't get myself to be out there all day."

"true," lou reached in the pantry and grabbed a bag of chips. "i wonder if she'll let you like get on her back for your picture."