Ch 11: Deja Vu

"I see," replied Charles D, "may I ask whom?"

Mc flinched.

"I shall take that as a no. Anyways, I hope you feel better. I must go to my room now to work. good day," and like that, he left.

Mc sighed a heavy sigh as she walked towards the field in the back of the castle, where she saw . . . Napoleon and Jean fencing?

"Napoleon?! Jean!?" She called

"Who?" asked a confused George Washington.

"It's impolite to yell! We were in deep focus just now! And along with that, it's even ruder to call someone by the wrong name!" scowled Lafayette.

"O-oh! Please accept my apologies!" Mc said, coming closer.

"It's alright," said Lafayette.

"Apology accepted," said George.

As Mc was about to walk away, George turned to Lafayette and said,

"that woman has a bit of a habit of calling people by the wrong name," 

"indeed. Ben once told me she called him 'Isaac'!"

"really?"

"yes,"

George tsked and said, "Perhaps it is because she's reminded of her former lovers by looking at us,"

"hmm. It is possible," responded Lafayette, "you don't look at all like Napoleon Bonaparte, and I bare no resemblance to Jean,"

"Agreed. Speaking of that woman mistaking people for people of her past, I head from Hans that called him "Will' once!"

"You don't say!"

Mc couldn't help it though. Napoleon was one of the greatest leaders of history, the leader of the French Revolution, and first Emperor of France, and George was another great leader, leader of the American Revolution, and first President of America. Whenever she heard Beethoven's music, she would find herself asking "Mozart" if that was a new piece he was making. Sandro Botticelli had a clever knack or painting things he found pretty or cool - just like Leonardo's curiosity. 

Eventually Mc was able to tell the difference between her past and her present. Napoleon, based on how he ditched her for Christina, showed that he selfish and attention seeking. George may have been a bit haughty, but he wasn't arrogant. Isaac was a nervous wreck and very rude, but Ben was just awkward and shy. William was possessive and literally locked her up in his villa once, but Hans was sweet and considerate. 

but that didn't clear her of her sadness. how she missed her past lovers . . . How could they just abandon her like this?

She went to her room. In her closet, she didn't have much. All her clothes were probably given to Christina by now - right after being kicked out of the mansion. Either way, a snow-white dress and her ballet shows had caught her eye.

Perhaps pretending to be a sea nymph would make me feel better.

So the young woman stood, in the castle's basement, where very little light entered. There, she danced. She leapt across the room like a bird flying free, something she never was, and worried she never would be. she was a dove with broken wings and only sang songs of sadness.

(some songs she could have sang are Love Me or Leave Me by Little Mix or a parody of Deja Vu by Olivia Rodrigo.)

"Adam, would you please go get Mc for lunch?" said Vlad.

"Of course, master," said Adam, "however, I believe I don't know where she is. I shall go ask the recruits,"

"Has anyone seen Mademoiselle MC?" 

"I believe I saw her going to he room," said Charles.

"Really? I saw her going downstairs,"

"I shall check both those places then,"

at last he made it to the basement where he saw . . . 

"wow," he breathed.

Mc had just finished another of her dance. She turned around.

"O-oh! sorry! I didn't know anyone was here!" MC yelped.