3: An Old Friend

Allana

The hologram before me was blurry as I closed my eyes to yawn. I sighed as I rubbed my eyes and heard how the door of the Investigation Centre hissed open. I looked to my left and saw many people on the back and Anakin walking downstairs, the door closing behind him.

"Hi." He said, he had brought to cups of coffee with him, one for himself and one for me.

"Hi." I yawned again.

"You've been here all morning?"

"Yeah, and all night. Since 2:30 am. I couldn't sleep thinking of all...this and came here in the middle of the night."

"Lana..." I covered my face with my hands and sighed.

"I'm sorry."

"Thought I'd wake up beside you and we'd have breakfast together, but you were gone." He said after a while.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry, is just...I can't get everything about Fives' case out of my head."

"Flower, it's been two weeks." I smiled at the nickname he still uses for me even if he said he'd call me something else.

"I know, but...there's something I don't like about this and that doesn't make any sense. Let's start off with the supposed parasite they found in the water canteen. You know why I think that's bullshit?" He shrugged. "Wolffe and Cal shared canteen with Tup and Fives. Cal hasn't felt ill and Wolffe didn't snap. He tried to protect us." I sighed. "Then there's Sifo-Dyas. He ordered the army a decade before the war even was a thing, he asked for the Clones to have inhibitor chips to make them 'less violent' but its malfunction causes them to kill."

"I think he could see the future, too."

"Like you?"

"I guess." I bit the corner of my lip.

"That makes sense. But in anyway, it it is a plot..."

"Do you really think so? I mean, Would Master Dyas conspire against the Jedi? Also, Fives said the Chancellor's behind it, he's incapable of doing so."

"I don't know. I know you estimate Palpatine, but I've told you this before, I don't like him. Politically speaking, I don't trust him. His time on the Supreme Chancellor's chair expired long ago and I will not vote for him ever. It does sound crazy that he'd be the one to orchestrate this, though." I paused and took a sip of the coffee he had brought. "It's a he says, he says situation. The only one that could prove Palpatine's involvement on this plot was Fives and he's dead. We can't bring the case before the Council because it's 'closed' and we can't bring it before the Senate either, if anyone does that, they'll be accused of treason and probably sentenced to death too. Which is another route that makes me think that, perhaps, Fives did get too close to the truth and was killed, but that would mean that the Chancellor actually is the bad guy. My mind has been wrapped around this for far too long and it only has made me go down a rabbit hole." I sighed and he placed his hand on my shoulder, his thumb tracing circles on the back of my neck. I closed my eyes and relaxed for a moment.

"And what are you doing here? What are you investigating?"

"Master Dyas. The guy is a fucking ghost. He vanished one day on a mission. It says he was on his way to Oba Diah, but I checked the archives and the records, the mission reports, they're all gone. It wasn't registered as it should be. He just said where he'd go and he went. Then, he just...vanished and gone was any trace of him too. But take a look at this." I made the planets, systems, stars and moons appear before us in the darken room. "Anything missing?" I asked as I looked around the planets and stars, just like Anakin was doing.