Kyoya's Wrath and Mochida's Stupidity

Kyoya and Tsuna stared at each other. Going off of their facial expressions, anyone passing by would assume Kyoya was trying to stare her down, and Tsuna was just obliviously smiling at him. But that was far from the case. There wasn't just anger in Kyoya's eyes; there was worry in there too. Tsuna knew this, so she smiled even brighter at Kyoya, whose scowl deepened in turn.

"Carnivore, you were absent yesterday without notice and almost late today. Explain.", he demanded gruffly. Tsuna gave him a reassuring look.

"Sorry Kyoya, something came up. I would have told you, but I forgot in the chaos, I'm sorry.", she apologized. Kyoya growled, causing Reborn's trigger finger to twitch, but Tsuna gingerly placed a hand on his cheek, causing him to grow docile and silent, like a switch had been hit.

"I'm okay, Kyoya.", she assured. Kyoya sighed, seeming to mostly relent in his worry.

"What was it?", he asked, not demanded like he did with everyone else. Tsuna's eyes gained a secretive glint.

"I'll tell you later.", she promised. Kyoya nodded.

"At lunch?", he asked. Tsuna nodded and removed her hand from his face.

"On the roof, same as always.", she promised. The black haired boy nodded.

"Very well. Come alone today. Do not be late.", he threatened without any real malice. He neglected to threaten to bite her to death. He never told her that. He then turned to Reborn and gave him an intense, genuine glare.

"And you, Suit-Carnivore, get out of my territory. Or I'll bite you to death.", Kyoya vowed, and then left without a word. Reborn gave a strained smile.

"What a charming young man.", he stated sarcastically. Kyoko winced and nodded.

"Yeah, that's Hibari-Senpai for you. He threatens to do that to anyone who breaks his rules. He's the Official Head of the School Disciplinary Committee, so 'Do it or I'll bite you to death' is quite an effective threat.", she explained. Reborn frowned and nodded.

"Understood. He's intimidating for a high schooler, I'll give him that.", he admitted. Tsuna snorted.

"Yeah, he is, but he also picked up that phrase from years of watching National Geographic. I would know, I was there for most of it.", she revealed, Reborn laughed deeply.

"Oh, that's hilarious. Well, this is where I leave you. Til next time, mio caro (my dear).", he bade, walking up to kiss Tsuna's hand before tipping his hat and walking off. Nagi and the others gasped as they watched the scene unfold. Once Reborn was out of hearing range, they rushed over to her, countless questions on their lips.

"You let him kiss your hand?!"

"What did he call you?! It sounded Italian... and sexy."

"Are you sure he's your tutor and not your mail-order boyfriend?"

"Papa's not gonna like this... "

Tsuna sighed as she was bombarded with questions and wild speculations about her and Reborn's relationship.

Why was it always her?

————————————————————

The day went on as it normally did pre-Reborn; Kyoko, Hana, Nagi and Tsuna all went to their first period classes in pairs, Kyoko with Hana and Nagi with Tsuna. Then they reconvened during second period, which was study hall. They all sat with their desks pushed together, talking about this and that. About ten minutes into the conversation however, Kyoko sighed sadly. Tsuna frowned at this, and Nagi and Hana looked towards her.