Prometheus and the Fire of the Sky

It was a week after Iemitsu's visit. The sky had been pouring down rain since then, as if mourning the loss of what the man had sealed away. Nana was pacing anxiously in the kitchen. Mikey was bouncing his leg up and down under the kitchen table as stared down at the cup of green tea he had made, as if drinking it would soothe any of his nerves. Fon stood by the kitchen window, looking out from behind the curtains, watching the rain as he waited for the arrival of their guest. Mikey soon got sick of the tense silence broken only by the sound of footsteps and abruptly stood up, sending his chair loudly sliding behind him.

"Where the hell is he?! You said he would be here as soon as he could, Fon! It's been a week!", he asked, trying not to be too loud so as to not disturb the still despondent Tsuna, who had woken up an hour ago, picked at her breakfast in bed and barely said two words. Just a she had all week. Nana stopped pacing to look at him and Fon gave him a sharp look.

"He didn't want it to take this long. He likely had to deal with some issues before he could get here. He will be here any minute now. When Verde says he'll be there as soon as he can, he means it.", the martial artist told him patiently. Mikey glared at him.

"And just who is this 'Verde', anyways? What connections do you have to him?", the blonde asked. Fon looked him in the eyes.

"It's like I said, he is an associate of mine. He is the Lightning Arcobaleno. We've been through quite a bit together. If I had to trust anyone with this, it would be him.", the black haired man advocated. Then, everyone turned to look out the window when they heard the sound of an approaching car. They all watched as another unmarked black car with tinted windows, just like the one from yesterday, pulled into the drive. Fon's eyes widened as he sensed the familiar Lightning flames.

"He's here.", he whispered to himself, racing to the door to greet him. Nana and Mikey followed after him.

"What makes you think he can do this, aside from your shared history?", Mikey asked as he anxiously waited for a knock at the door. Fon wasn't that much better off.

"Verde isn't just some man with strong flames. Like all Arcobaleno, he has to be the best in the world at something to be considered a part of 'the Strongest Seven'. Verde is the Best Scientist in the World, and he specializes in any science involving flames. If he can't do this, no one can.", the Storm Arcobaleno said with certainty. Everyone stiffened when they heard the awaited knock at the door. Mikey took a deep breath and opened it. The door creaked as it did, despite it never doing so before, and revealed one of the oddest men Mikey had ever seen (and that was saying something).

He was tall and slim shouldered, with pale white skin that made it seem like he didn't get out much. His hair was a unique shade of dark green, short and spiky, despite being wet from the rain. He wore a light green button up shirt, black dress pants, a black tie, black dress shoes and a white lab coat, which was damp on top of the shoulders. On his face, he wore circular glasses that glinted with the light from the house, so Mikey couldn't see his eyes. He held a black briefcase low in front of him with both hands.

"You called?", he abruptly asked, startling Nana (and Mikey, not that he would ever let it show). His voice was dead, almost monotone. As soon as he finished speaking, thunder rolled and lightning flashed behind him. Mikey started to wonder if the man was somehow actually a real-life Victor Frankenstein. Fon took charge of the situation and nodded.

"Yes. Thank you for coming on such short notice, Verde.", he said. Verde didn't respond and simply walked into the house, not even bothering to take his shoes off. If he wasn't such a mess due to his daughter, Mikey would have smacked him.

"I'll need to start immediately. The longer it stays in place, the harder it will be to remove.", he stated bluntly, almost rudely without greeting anyone or giving any reason for why he had taken so long. Verde turned to look at Mikey and Nana.