Free Baby and Trauma comes Knocking

Mikey hummed a happy tune to himself as he put tonight's dinner in the oven. He and Verde had gotten tired of hurling insults back and forth at each other after about three hours, and eventually just decided to divert their attentions to more important things, like making dinner (Mikey) and dipping various inventions in corrosive acid to see if they were really as indestructible as he had made them to be (Verde). Tsuna was in the yard playing, the demon child had gone home, and Nana was due home any minute now. All in all, it was shaping up to be a nice, quiet evening at home with his family.

Then Tsuna loudly slid the glass door open. Mikey turned back to smile at her without even flinching.

"Hi sweetie, how was school-why do you have a baby?", he started to ask sweetly, only for his smile to drop and his eyes to widen as he cut himself off mid sentence to ask the odd question. His daughter was holding a baby, likely barely a year old, clad in a blue t-shirt with a yellow star on it and brown shorts. He looked nervous and was clinging tightly to Tsuna, who carried him on her hip, with his knuckle in his mouth. Tsuna meanwhile, had a bright smile on her face.

"He's mine!", she stated cheerfully. Mikey's eye twitched and he sighed. Great, not only had Tsuna added a new addition to her people collection, but this one was a toddler and had likely been kidnapped from whoever the hell his likely very worried parents were. He was about to ask Tsuna where she got the baby from when said baby spoke.

"Dada?", he asked shyly. Mikey froze at that. Oh God no, he did not need this kid's parents getting angry with him because the brat decided he was his father. That would be a mess and a half that he was not equipped to deal with. Tsuna laughed.

"No Futa-chan, that's my Daddy.", she corrected gently. Mikey sighed in relief, grateful his daughter had the grace and sense to correct the kid without upsetting him. The toddler, Futa he remembered his daughter called him, tilted his head and looked up at him with big brown eyes.

"Nonno? (Grandpa?)", he asked. Mikey blinked at what to him was a nonsense word and shrugged. It was better than Dada at any rate.

"Sure, why not. Tsuna, where did you get the baby?", the blonde asked after he accepted his new title without missing a beat. Tsuna smiled up at him.

"An angel gave him to me!", she answered cheerfully. Mikey blinked at the strange answer.

"An... angel?", he asked, trying to make sure he had heard her right. Flames were one thing, but angels handing out babies to random kindergarteners were another thing entirely. He looked at the boy again. He swore, if that kid turned out to be the messiah or something, they were moving. Tsuna nodded.

"Yep, he gave me Futa and told me I could keep him.", she stated casually. Mikey was a bit freaked out by that. He knew he had no right to judge (God knows he had beaten way too many people to bloody pulps to have that privilege), but even he knew the whole situation was both concerning and wack as hell. Where the hell were the kid's parents in all this?!

"Okay well that is seventeen different kinds of human rights violation. Come on Tsuna, let's go see Kyoharu-san so we can figure this whole mess out.", Mikey stated, taking Tsuna by the hand so he could lead her out the door. Nana had taken the car, so they would be taking his motorcycle to the police station. Tsuna dragged her feet.

"But Daddy, the oven!", she reminded, her intuition telling her it was on, an thus a fire hazard and a hazard to her safety by extension. Mikey stopped walking and his eyes widened.

"Oh yeah.", he said, before immediately rushing to turn the dial to off, letting go of Tsuna's hand in the process. Once he was done, he turned to face his daughter and the strange child she had collected with a serious look on his face.