A Happy Birthday and Mysterious Gifts

Several months had passed since Tsuna met Nagi, and over half a year had passed since she had met Kyoya. It was October now; October thirteenth, to be exact. The day before Tsunami's fifth birthday, and everyone was awaiting it with great anticipation.

Mikey sat at the head of Verde's messy kitchen table, arms crossed as he looked at the people on either side of him seriously. Kyoharu and Fon were on his right, while Nana and Verde were on his left. Mei-lin would have been there as well, but she was at her house watching the kids. Which was good, since they didn't need them over hearing their current conversation. The blonde man sighed and began to speak.

"As you all know, Tsuna's fifth birthday is tomorrow. Nana and I have been planning a surprise party for the last week or so, and we need to make sure everything is in order by tomorrow for the- Verde, why the fuck is that bowl moving?", Mikey started to explain, before cutting himself off when he saw an upside down blue bowl on Verde's island bar rattle and slide. Verde began to sweat and looked around nervously.

"Uhh... ", he drawed. Mikey gave him glare and got up out of his seat to see what the fuck the Lightning Arcobaleno had done now. The green haired man began to look even more nervous and shot up out of his seat, reaching an arm out as if to grab Mikey and drag him back.

"No, wait- !", he started to say, but was cut off when Mikey swiftly snatched the bowl, looking down at where the container once was in apprehension, but his apprehension soon turned to confusion when he saw what had been hidden under the bowl.

"The hell is that... ?", Mikey asked as he looked down at the creature before him. It was a small monkey, no bigger than his hand, with a white body and red face. Its beady black eyes stared into his own, much larger ones. For some reason, Mikey felt like the creature was mentally insulting him.

"Ooh-ooh ah-ah?", the animal said, as if asking a question. Mikey glared down at it.

"Yeah, fuck you too.", he told the monkey. Once Fon finally managed to get a good look at the animal after Mikey stopped unintentionally blocking it with his body, he gasped and rushed over to it.

"Reach!", he cried, plucking the monkey off the counter and holding it to his chest like it was his long lost child. Mikey watched this happen, thoroughly weirded out.

"Again, the hell is that?", he asked, pointing at the mascot-character wannabe known as Reach. Fon gave him a fierce side eye and continued to cuddle his pet? Friend? Both? It was hard to tell what was what when it came to Flame users.

"His name is Reach, and he's my animal companion.", the cheongsam clad man told his friend as he smiled down at his 'animal companion', who seemed very happy to be back with his companion? Master? Again, very hard to define the relationship. Mikey crossed his arms and gave him an unimpressed look.

"So he's your pet.", he said bluntly. Fon narrowed his eyes at him, and it seemed like the two were gonna start bickering soon when both their attentions were drawn to Verde, who was subtly trying to shuffle his easy out of the kitchen. Both men noticed this, and soon they could sense they had a common enemy to rag on. They both turned to face the now very nervous scientist with annoyed looks, but not before Fon gave Mikey a quick annoyed look out of the corner of his eye

"No, he is not, but that's besides the point right now. Verde, old friend, why in the name of all seven Flames of the heavens did you have Reach trapped under a bowl in your kitchen? I sincerely hope this isn't where he's been for the last several months since he went missing.", the martial arts master asked, a dangerous smile on his face and murder in his closed eyes. Verde began to look even more nervous.