The Slipper of Doom and Walking the Talk

Tsuna woke up the morning after Reborn showed up to find lit dynamite strapped to the legs of her bed. She glared at the sight, before her eyes flared orange and the fuses mysteriously blew out. She looked up to find Reborn leaning against the wall with his arms crossed in the shadowy corner across from the bed. He emerged from the darkness with a smirk on his handsome face.

"Well done. That was some quick thinking for someone who just woke up.", the man complimented. Tsuna scowled at him, thoroughly unamused.

"Dynamite? Really Reborn? It's not even seven yet.", Tsuna lightly complained as she threw her covers off. Reborn's smirk widened.

"A boss must always be prepared for anything, including bed dynamite.", he told her sagely, before his smirk was wiped off his face and he was left wide eyed and blushing. Tsuna raised an eyebrow.

"What, do I have something on my face?", she asked in confusion. Reborn didn't say anything as he reached out to adjust the fallen straps of the girl's orange tank top, which had rumpled to reveal a bit more than it was meant to in her sleep. Tsuna looked down with surprised eyes as her tutor fixed the straps so they were in their rightful place. Once he pulled his hands away, she grinned up at him brightly.

"Oh thanks, I didn't notice that!", she told him gratefully. Reborn nodded.

"A boss must always look their best.", he told her coolly, trying not to come off as weird. At that moment, a smiling Mikey opened the door and walked in.

"Tsuna honey, it's time to wake up- why are you here?!", the blonde announced cheerfully, before he noticed Reborn standing in front of his daughter and snarled. Reborn smirked at him with a certain maliciousness that was absent in the smirks he gave Tsuna.

"I was merely waking my student up for her training, Sano-san. It's good to get started early in the morning.", the hitman told the angry father politely. Mikey glared at him and crossed his arms.

"Well that'll have to wait. This may come as a surprise to you Reborn, but my child has a life outside of training and the like. Tsuna has school; she had it yesterday too, but then your ugly mug showed up and- .", he insulted, before Tsuna shot him a glare.

"Dad!", she yelled indignantly. Mikey looked at her sweetly and his frown turned to a smile.

"Oh, sorry for ignoring you honey. Breakfast is downstairs like always. I made omelets today. Yours is just how you like it, green peppers and onions with pepper jack cheese.", he told her,. Tsuna gave him a deadpanned look. That was not what she was annoyed about. Mikey once again did a complete one-eighty and glared at Reborn disdainfully.

"Now you get out so she can get ready. A girl needs her space.", he ordered, managing to look rather intimidating despite being noticeably shorter than his guest and wearing an orange apron. Tsuna chalked it up to house-husband powers. While Reborn didn't see any flaws in his logic, he also wanted to get his daily dose of Chaos, so he slowly walked up to Mikey and looked down at the smaller man cockily.

"Why don't you make me- ow! OW!", he started to say in a playful tone, before any semblance of control he thought he had over the situation evaporated in his mind as Mikey kicked his yellow slipper into the air, caught it effortlessly and started wacking Reborn over the head with it. The World's Greatest Hitman struggled to cover his head with his arms as he was assaulted by a tiny civilian house-husband.

"DON'T! YOU! TALK! TO ME! LIKE! THAT! YOU! ASSHOLE! Now get out of my daughter's room, you weirdo! OUT! She is not changing in front of you!", Mikey yelled, punctuating each word of his first sentence with a hit from the slipper. Tsuna watched the whole scene in shock. What the hell was going on?! Reborn yelled curses at his belligerent in Italian. How did a slipper hurt so much? The shaken hitman scampered out into the hallway like a spooked cat, before retreating to the guest room he had claimed as his. Mikey pointed his slipper at him as he fled.