What would you rather be, the King or the Subject?

Reborn found Tsuna in under twenty minutes, standing on a bridge over the local river as she leaned against the safety railing, looking down at the water with a pensive expression on her face. The hitman silently walked up beside her, looking at her out of the corner of his eye. She didn't acknowledge his presence.

"You forgot this.", he told the girl, taking the ring box in his pocket out and holding it out to her. Tsuna eyed it for a second, before taking it from him and placing it in Kyoya's school jacket pocket.

"Much obliged.", she thanked him tiredly. Reborn nodded at her with a smile, before it fell as he remembered one of the pressing matters he had come to attend to.

"So, what did Iemitsu do?", he asked conversationally. Tsuna properly looked at him and rolled her eyes.

"Nothing you need to worry about. I'm fine now. I've got plans to handle him.", she said, evading the question. Reborn narrowed his eyes at her.

"What did he do.", he said sternly, telling her more than asking her. Tsuna looked back towards the water.

"He sealed my Flames.", she finally answered. Reborn growled and cursed in Italian, clenching his fists as he gnashed his teeth.

"Quello non va bene, stupido figlio di puttana! (That no good, stupid son of a bitch!)", the black haired man yelled, his eyes flickering with yellow. Tsuna smiled softly at his rage on her behalf, finding it touching.

"Yes, I'm aware he's that and more.", she agreed. Reborn gave her a dark look, and to her surprise, the chameleon on his fedora turned rainbow and morphed into a green gun, which miraculously appeared in his hands.

"How painful do you want me to make his death?", the hitman asked calmly as he cocked his gun, his hat shadowing his eyes. Tsuna laughed outright.

"I'm touched you would go to such lengths for my sake, but that won't be necessary. Like I said, I already have a plan for dealing with Iemitsu. We just have to wait.", she eluded with a smirk. Reborn was confused by what she could possibly be waiting for, but given that she seemed so certain, he decided to let it go for now.

"Of course it's necessary, you're my Sky. I'd do anything to keep you safe and happy.", he said with a serious look. Tsuna gave him a soft, warm smile. She would never take having Guardians for granted, not ever. Being supported in the way she was by so many people was a dream come true. Reborn smirked back at her as he recalled the wording of her last sentence.

"And 'We'? Since when was I involved in this plan of yours?", he asked mischievously. Tsuna laughed again.

"Since you became my Sun Guardian. I thought it was a given.", she told him just as playfully, mirth twinkling in her brown eyes. Reborn smiled softly at her before looking down at the river, fall leaves floating lazily downstream on the surface of the water.

"I know it's a lot to take in, but you have to look at this positively; this isn't some role you're being forced into, this is the opportunity of a lifetime.", the hitman told her sagely. Tsuna snorted and threw her head back with a sardonic smile.

"And what am I supposed to find positive? I don't need the money such a position would provide, my family and I are well-off as it is.", she retorted. Reborn smirked at her.

"That may be true, but you must find the power attractive, yes?", the man asked sauvely. Tsuna tilted her head back into place frowned.

"I don't want power, Reborn. At least not the kind the Vongola can provide.", she told him bluntly, but he continued his train of thought.

"But isn't that what everyone wants? Power, or at least the respect that comes with it? Everyone referring to you by some exalted title and hanging on your every word?", the hitman asked. Tsuna snorted again.