Another Addition to the Child Collection

A month passed. Futa had adjusted well to his new home, adoring his new grandparents and Mama. He would stay home with Mikey most days, but sometimes he would go with Nana to work so the man could have a break. Her students thought he was adorable and would fawn over him any chance they got, so they didn't mind him crashing their lectures. It was on one such day when the baby was with Nana that a great deviation from the norm occurred.

Kyoya was over at the Sano residence, since Fon was out of town for a few hours and Mikey had agreed to babysit while his parents were at work. Both he and Tsuna were at the living room coffee table, kneeling on the ground as they drew pictures, some random cartoon that they weren't watching playing on the TV. Tsuna was drawing a rather wholesome picture of her and everyone important in her life standing side-by-side in a grassy field, while Kyoya was drawing what appeared to be the end result of another taser fire.

Mikey was, as he always seemed to be, in the kitchen, making snacks for the two children in the form of small sandwiches. He was about halfway through this process when Tsuna straightened up and turned to face her father, her eyes flashing an orange-gold. Her intuition was strongly telling her to go somewhere. Right now.

"Daddy, we need to go to the park.", she told him. Not asked, told. That had Mikey looking up from his sandwiches and putting the cheese he was holding back down on the large plate he was using to hold the snacks.

"Why honey?", he asked. He wasn't about to say no, not when Tsuna's eyes were glowing like they were. He knew better than to deny a Sky's intuition. Tsuna just stared at him.

"Someone needs help.", she said. She could feel someone reaching out with their flames, even from so far away. It was indigo and weak and so scared. She had to go, as quickly as possible. Those three words were all Mikey needed to hear to have him returning his daughter's serious expression and putting up the sandwich supplies.

"Let me get my things.", he told her as he quickly cleaned up. Kyoya watched the interaction seriously. Something had his little carnivore worried. Whatever it was, he would bite it to death.

The three of them were out the door within five minutes, and had walked to the park in another ten. When they got there, the sun was about to set and the small playground was empty, except for a small child curled up in the sandbox. Mikey and Kyoya stood back and watched as Tsuna rushed over the child. They wouldn't get involved unless they felt they had to or Tsuna told them to. She was the 'talking to people' expert, after all, and this wasn't exactly a problem that either of them could beat up or bite to death.

Tsuna sat down beside the child, who had their face buried in their knees. They looked up when they noticed her presence, sniffling. They-she, Tsuna could now see, had been crying. The girl couldn't be much younger than her. Her purple hair was long and wild, her white dress stained with grass stains and what Tsuna knew was dried blood. She had no shoes, and her arms and legs were both covered by ratty off-white bandages, just as stained as her dress. Her violet eyes were watery and scared, though not of her, her intuition told her. It whispered that it was somebody else. Somebody else had made her cry. Tsuna decided she didn't like whoever it was.

The two girls sat beside each other for a while, not speaking. The purple haired girl cried a bit more, hiccuping and rubbing her eyes. Tsuna handed her a white handkerchief she had been gifted by Fon. The girl took it without a word and used it to dry her eyes. After a few minutes, once her breathing had calmed, the girl finally spoke.

"Why do people hurt other people?", she asked weakly. Tsuna looked at her and shook her head.

"I don't know. Sometimes it's because they have to. My Daddy says sometimes it's because they've been hurt before.", the black haired girl responded. The other girl looked down at the ground, gripping the sand underneath her tightly. Unshed tears welled in her eyes.