Chapter 20

They're returning from the mission today, I was very anxious, I don't want to see who made it back and who couldn't...
I also don't want to talk to Levi about anything related to my past, I just want to be next to him making everything better and easier, I don't want to be a part of his struggles.

"Shree! They're coming through the gates come let's greet them!" Yelled a soldier who had been keeping me company for the past week and a half.

"Wohooooooooo!!!! Captain Erwin! OH MY GOD!"
"LOOK CAPTAIN LEVI!"
"HE LOOKS SO SCARY WOW I WANT TO BE LIKE HIM."
"WAS IT A SUCCESS??"
"I believe it was, look at them they look proud!"

"Go greet the others and meet me in my office sweetheart, I missed you so much."
"Are you okay? Do you have any injuries??"
"No Rose I don't, I'll take a bath while you check on the soldiers and greet them."
"Okay, but Levi..."
"Yeah?"
"We have to talk about something after you rest..."
"Just leave for now we'll talk tomorrow please."
He kissed my forehead and left.

Levi's POV
I heard footsteps coming my office's way, I smiled to myself at how light they were, you almost wouldn't hear them.
It's her... I could only smile wider.
She opened the door without knocking and sat down next to me silently. She for some odd reason looked guilty?

"Hey Rose, what's wrong? I missed you sweetheart."
"I missed you too, I was just worried about you and the others" She faked a smile.
I know she's lying but i'll leave it for now.
I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into a tight warm embrace. She stuffed her head into my chest and wrapped her arms around me tightly.

"How was the mission?" She softly asked.
"It was a success, we obviously lost some of our soldiers, it wasn't a big number but it's still lives so it matters a lot even if we only lost one you know..."
She started stroking my back with her little hands. "Yeah I know... I'm so proud of you though and I was really worried about you Levi..." Her lips were shaking. This has gone too far, my heart is aching for her what the fuck is happening?

"Rose, sweetheart you know you can talk to me about anything right? What is going on?"
She stayed silent, she looked so concerned, I could even hear her heartbeats going so fast. She pulled away and positioned herself further away as she started talking...
"Look, I have something huge that we need to talk about. Me, you, Erwin, and Dot Pixis... But I want you to hear a little summary about it before we all sit and talk about it, and I also want you to not be so quick to judge..."

"So Levi do you remember that question that Erwin asked us once?"
"Which one exactly?"
""Do you think that there's life beyond the walls?""That was his question..."
"Yeah?"
"I know the answer to it... Actually I am part of the answer Levi."
"Elaborate???"

....

She sat closer to me, placed her shaking hand on my chest, she tried to study my face.
"Look I know you need time to process everything you've heard but baby please say anything."
"Levi, I told you about this because I wanna help, because I want to use the information I know to help improve us, to help fight against them. I swear I was used, I never wanted to be a part of them.."

I believed her with every part of my heart, but trust isn't something a soldier relies on, we surely need to discuss this with Erwin and Pixis.
I kept thinking about how unbelievable this world is, while she just stared at me anxiously waiting for me to mutter a word.
I felt something wet and warm dripping on my thigh, looked up only to be met with her teary eyes...
I still was too lost to react...

Rose's POV...
He didn't say anything, kept quiet, he was lost in his own world...
God, I don't want him to hate me, I don't want to disappoint anybody. I swear I'm on their side I swear I wanna help.

I placed my head on his chest and closed my eyes, repeating these words quietly...
"I'm innocent, jus' wanna help, swear I'm innocent, I love you all I swear."
Kept repeating these words until I fell asleep.

"Wake up, we should get ready, we're meeting up with Erwin and Dot Pixis." He shook my body awake and walked away to shower apparently.
I immediately jumped out of bed and got ready for the day.
My limps were shaking, I almost couldn't walk straight, my face was pale my lips were purple. I looked like a corpse.

"Levi, you still don't believe me? I mean it only makes sense if you don't but I promise I didn't li-"
"Enough, can we just keep walking? Silently?"
"Yes, sorry." I swallowed.

"Hello Levi, Hello Rose." Erwin shook our hands formally.
"Hello beautiful lady, heard you got some important things to say?" Dot Pixis spat kindly trying to ease the tension in the room.
"Yeah actually new big things.."Levi sarcastically spat.

....

"So I was basically forced into all of this... I swear and I'll do whatever I can to help."
"Who else?" Asked Erwin.
"Sorry?"
"Who else is sent here with you? Obviously based off the story you told us there should be other people on the same mission as you. You can't be the only spy now can you?"

"Yes sir you are right there's definitely other people, but unfortunately I know nothing about who they are, I even trained individually for that cause, they don't trust us still, even though they sent us for such mission. So they didn't reveal the identities of those who were sent, like me."

"Mhmm. So tell us why did you decided to speak up about this right now? Why not earlier?"
"I'm not sure why, but all I can figure out about this is that it definitely is not easy to talk about such topic for the both of us."

"Can you please wait outside for a moment? We need to talk." Erwin flashed me a gentle smile.