Chapter 12

"None of your business." He responded.
"Okay, so why am I here? In your office?"
"No idea."
"What? Why did you ask me to come?"
"Clearly for a reason." He responded while focusing on the drawing in between his hands.

"Wow?"
"Wow indeed." He responded and to be honest I've never imagined how the word 'wow' would sound by him.

I stood up and walked towards his window.
He dropped his pin on the table and walked over to me, standing right next to me.
I stared at him and opened my mouth to speak but he interrupted me.
"Wait, do your eyes...change color?!" He asked in surprise, his tone was the very soft, I've never heard his tone as soft before.
"Well, it's all about the lightni-." And again he interrupted me.

"No what I'm trying to say is, when you were talking to Amy your eyes were dark brown, almost black. However, now they are completely yellow and there is a spark in them. I doubt that it has anything to do with the lightning." He said while stepping closer to me.

"What do you think makes them change color then?" I asked with a hitched breath.
"The situation/mood, whenever you're at ease, your eyes start to appear more innocent and yellow. When your upset, your eyes appear very dark brown.. as I said nearly black." His soft tone was no longer there, he described me and read me like an open book.

" Really? Well I've um.. I've never noticed. I got told that they look different in different lightings but this was oddly specific." I rubbed the back of my neck feeling intimidated.
"But your eyes change color too, they're sometimes blue with a hint of green, and sometimes silver." I stared at him studying his eyes.

"Well, when it comes to my eyes, it's about the lightning." He replied while putting his hands in his pocket.
"So what were you drawing?" I crossed my arms.

"Tch, I'm very unsatisfied with it. I feel like I forgot everything about their faces. I was afraid to start because I didn't desire drawing something inaccurate, but fuck I should've started back then, now I completely fail to remember their features." He rubbed his temple.

"So, who are you drawing and why did you forge- Oh?..... Shit I'm so so sorry! I'm such and idiot. I just understood! I'm very sorry Levi." I slammed my forehead in embarrassment.
He was trying to draw someone he had lost. However, he forgot what they look like, and my stupid ass didn't get it.

"Levi... are you alright?? I'm sure you need to talk, and.. I'm here, I'm a good listener I promise. You can try me out." I placed my hand on his shoulder, he turned his face away to avoid eye contact.
"I don't want to talk, your company is alright, it'll do."
"What do you mean? You need to-." He interrupted me.
He pulled me by my hand closer to his solid chest and placed his hand on my mouth to shut me up.

"You see? Your silent company  would help me a lot, not your instructions. Got it?" He raised an eyebrow while staring at my eyes, he moved his own eyes to stare at my lips.

"Your eyes look pretty yellow right now, hmm? I wonder why's that? Oh and you're suddenly so quiet? What's wrong? You're gonna be obedient all of a sudden? Hmm.. that's weird." He yanked me closer, my breath hitched and I was unable to talk nor process what's happening.

"Alright, if you're gonna stay silent then at least make a move, don't be so boring Rose."
A wave of heat in my lower stomach hit me.
"A move? Like what?" I questioned while stepping closer finally gaining my confidence and consciousness back.

"Hmm? What move are you expecting me to make? Kiss you? Or no, I better say, what move are you waiting for Mr. Ackerman?

His sharp silver eyes widen in surprise while trying to let out words but obviously failing to do so.
"Aww, would you look at that! who's speechless now? What? did you just not expect me to notice how you didn't take your eyes off my lips? Too bad, I did notice." I pulled away from him.
I sat on the chair in front of his desk with my legs parted in order to be comfortable enough.

"Tch, you're weird."
"Maybe, doesn't make me blind though."
"Tch get the fuck out."

"You're the one who requested for me to come in here and now you're dismissing me? God! You really hate it when someone reads you, don't you? But why though? Why do you hide your feelings? You're a human it's okay to feel some sorta way."

He took a seat in front of me and crossed his arms while parting his legs just like me.
"You're no one to talk Rose." He posed a little before continuing..
"Tch, don't die on that mission, capturing a titan isn't the easiest, you shouldn't die out there." He threw his head back.

"What? Why are we talking about this now? Plus didn't you hate me? I thought I was a source of annoyance to you.
Why are you so worried?" I had a sarcastic look on my face.
"So I won't have to waste my ink on you." He responded.

"You..? You're gonna draw me if I died? Do you just draw anyone who dies? Why do you do that?"
"Shhh, you ask too many questions brat, and no I don't just draw anyone. I only draw the ones I'll be hanging their pictures on my tea shop's walls."

"You have a tea shop?! Oh my god! I've always wanted to own a studying area along with a coffee shop! It's so cool knowing you have one!"
"Cool it down, I do not have one, I saved a good old amount of money to run my own tea shop and I'm planning on opening it when this war's over. I'm gonna put some paintings of the people who deserve to be remembered and seen. I want to look at their faces every day and never forget their features. I want everyone to see them and know their names and how amazing they were....
Hopefully your painting won't be done."

"Oh, well then.. If I was still there after the war, when you start looking for someone to hire, you know where to find me." I shot him a smile.
He looked at me like he was thinking about what he's gonna say next.

"Go make us some tea, the supplies are there." He titled his head back so I can get full view to the cupboard behind him.
"Huh? I'm not a maid, if you want tea go make it yourself. That's very disrespectful Levi." I crossed my arms while raising an eyebrow.

"Really? Is this what you're gonna say to the costumer ?"
"Does that mean I got the job?" I smiled.

"Well, you're almost there, we just need to know if the tea you make is good or not? I can't hire anyone not knowing what the tea they make tastes like, right?"
"Oh okay Mr. Ackerman." I got up and walked over to the cupboard and started to prepare the tea.
"Don't ever call me that again, Tch."

"Uh I don't really care, where is the peppermint?" I was looking for it.