Chapter 19

She hated remembering him, his beautiful face, his beautiful hair..

Am I an asshole? I betrayed all my favorite people, I'm not by their side..
I wonder if Amy beat me up because she found out, I'm so scared about what she'll say in the investigation, what will all of my friends, comrades, commanders, Levi think of me?

I work for an enemy that they have never even heard of..
I'm a spy, I'm just here to ruin their lives, and they all welcomed me with open arms unlike my own country that literally forced me to go to military and decided to forcefully make me do this mission, it isn't even my real country, my parents are middle eastern, which means I'm just a refugee, I have to do whatever they tell me to or they'll turn me into one of those lost mindless titans that they had put on this land.

Guilt is eating me alive everyday, I swear I don't want to do this I hate Marley! I don't belong to them I just had to live there, had to be trained.

"Morning pretty Rose!" Hange opened the curtains, "Morning Hange." I smiled at her in return trying to forget about all the nightmares I've had about my origin and about.. My previous lover.

"Hange?"
"Yes honey?"
"Have you heard anything about the investigation?"
"Nope not yet, probably in few days though."
"Dose that mean after the mission?"
"Yeah exactly, don't worry yourself honey, Levi has already prepared himself to fuck them up, he's expecting them to spread false information about you, in the sake of proving that what they've done to you was noble."
I sighed in relief

"What are you doing here? you're not training with us go back to your room." Levi ordered.
"The mission is in a few days what are you talking about?"
"Seriously now? go sit down, you're not coming with us." He stated.
"Oh please I really wanted to come, I beg you."

"You can hardly walk with these crutches, so what are you gonna do in the mission?"
"Fair, how many days is the mission going to take?"
"Tow days, if it took more it'll be a week."
"Oh.. that's a long time, I'll be very worried." My gaze dropped.

"I'll take care of the brats, don't worry about them." He assured me.
"I'm also worrying about you, who's going to take care of you?"
"You would've, if you weren't in such condition. I'll take care of myself, don't worry.. Okay?"
I felt warmth in my stomach, caused by how casually and gently he's talking to me.
It felt like we were a married couple having a normal daily conversation before the husband leaves to work.

I decided to watch him training the cadets, he was charming by all means, his muscular back, his forearms, his frim voice when he gives them instructions. He's actually pure hearted unlike my previous impression of him.

I'm starting to lose it again, I should contain myself.

I couldn't sleep that night.. Many thoughts occupied my head, to be more specific the whole Amy interrogation situation and that's when I've finally decided to go and ask her about it myself.

"Ma'am I can't leave you alone with any prisoner, it's the rules."
I took some money out of my pocket and handed it to him, he gave me a hesitant look. "Those are for the kids." I nodded my head. He nodded back and left without muttering a word.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She spat angerly. "Nothing really, just have a few questions for you Amy, no grudges are held. If you answer with honesty I might actually waiver my right and make them release you." Her eyes widen but she immediately put her angry face back on wanting to hide her craving for my offer, I know she isn't one for jail. "Deal." She said in a low angry tone.