Chapter 3

I walked into the captain's office feeling anxious and completely unready of the punishment that was waiting for me.

I arrived way quicker than I had expected, maybe because I was way too distracted with my thoughts.

I knocked at the door waiting for his response but never heard it so I decided to knock again, I did get response this time. I opened the door and got inside.
"Yes sir?"
"Care to explain? what was that today's morning?" he asked.

"I already explained sir? and you didn't seem to have an issue with my response in fact you just doubted my capability so what is there left to discuses?" I asked pretending to not fear his reaction.

"Impressive, seems like you've been hanging around Mikasa a little too much now haven't you?"

"And seems like you're forgetting that I have a personality and actions of my own?"

"Do you want the penalty to be doubled?"

"I want what ever is fair even if it'd cost my punishment to get worse but I don't see myself getting a punishment in the first place, I trust your judgment though captain and I don't ever see you abusing your power."

"Whatever dissention I make right now... won't be me abusing my power, it'll be me establishing my power since you clearly don't recognize it Shree"

"Uh okay, so what's the punishment?" I replied.
"We'll know that when it's the right time" He replied with a look of satisfaction growing on his face, I even could see his lips twitching into a hardly noticeable smirk.

"Rose how was is with the cap?" Jean asked sitting on a wooden chair.

"He wants me to burn in hell I just know it, like what have I even done to make him hate me that much?"
"He literally hates everyone, he's always bored, upset and grumpy so I ain't surprised"

"Agreed, hey Rose!" Connie gave me a quick hug and sat next to Jean.

"Meh I'm just worried about the punishment, he didn't tell me what it is so this isn't helping my stress at all, if anything it's making it worse."
"Ah stay strong ya got this."
"Alright I wanna head to Hange's lab bye bye" I waved and left the two guys.

"Rose! long time no see how are ya?!" Hange asked.
"Hey, I'm good and you?"
" Nah you look flustered what's up?"
"Nothing I just had a long day with the captain, and you?" I asked her about herself again wanting to change the topic, and Hange being Hange she started ranting about something leaving me in my thoughts pretending to listen by nodding from time to time assuring her that I payed attention.

Third person's POV:
After Rose and Hange met up, Hange knew that something was up and she wasn't planning on letting it slide at all, she went to Levi's office willing to get some information about her friend's state since she looked troubled.

"State your name and business" Levi asked.
"Hange"
"Come in four eyes"
"Hey Levi, how are you?" Her tone was pretty serious unlike her usual tone.
"Great, what brings you here?"

"I'll make this quick, what happened with the cadet Rose Shree?"
"None of your business, It's a private matter that only concerns me and my squad, if that's all you can leave."

"I'm talking to you as from Hange to Levi not from captain Hange to captain Levi."
"Tch, she's stubborn and should learn some manners."
Hange nodded and left the office not wanting to get into more details since he looked very tired. And she decided to let this go since it didn't seem like that much of a big issue, if it was Levi, would tell her for sure, he trusted her after all. 

Rose's POV:
I made my way to his office again.... this time was different.
"Name and business."

"Rose Shree sir, I'm here to apologize after re-considering my actions and attitude."
Oh god, I felt so humiliated, but what happened to me in the first place today what was up with me? I literally stand out for respecting my superiors, yet today I was very unlike myself. Well unfortunately, I don't stand out for respecting them, not anymore.

"Tch, come in."
I stepped inside standing in front of his wooden tidy desk.
"Allow me to apologize for my behavior in the taring's yard, the way I dozed out and didn't pay attention, and for talking back to you even though I was mistaken and blamed it on Eren being weak even though he actually isn't, I want to apologize about my disrespectful attitude when I came to your office, I want to apologize for smearing and dirtying my image in front of you and my comrades" I felt my whole body shaking in embarrassment.. More like, shame.

"Shree" He posed for a second, "I got upset because you disappointed me, you are ranked first in your squad, I don't want my strongest soldier to be bad influence." He got up from his desk and walked over to me crossing his arms.

"Brat you made my day long enough-" he paused and lent closer to me "Now leave from the door you came before I ruin you and get my frustration out on you" He suggested.

I felt my cheeks heat up, my hands shaking, my heart pounding faster and faster each passing second and I could feel his breath brush against my nose and lips, I gulped in response while imagining the taste of-

"Dozing out again right after apologizing about it?" He pulled me out of my thought.

"Sorry sir" I hurried walking over the door and opening it with shaky sweaty palms.