27

We did our meditating, then yoga, then sat there high, eating the rest of our picnic. It felt so serene, so relaxed.

Destiny sat in between my legs her back felt so warm against me.

We started talking about any and everything.

"I'm surprised we can get any privacy out here... the girls and the gays are going crazy.. it feels like we broke the internet." She joked. She turned her body putting both of her legs over my right leg so she could look at me.

"I still can't believe so many people are coming into my job now.. it's really crazy Destiny... you should come see for yourself one night... it gets so packed that they run out of seats"

"So why not perform at a different venue?" She asked coiling one of my curls around her finger.

I bit my lip.

Might as well tell her now.

"What?" She asked noticing my facial expression.

"Don't be mad..... people have been asking me to perform"

Her mouth hung open.

"Tiana that's amazing... what are you waiting on?"

I groaned. "It's harddd... if I'm performing at my job, and clubs, and hired events... when am I gonna have time for you?"

She smiled "awwww babyyy" she kissed my cheek. "We can make time.."

"But we really can't. It's hard enough right now... you work during the day and I work at night and you know how I get when I can't see you."

"But baby... this is your dream... right? You need to take your chance now, it's no promise that you will get fans and opportunities just falling into your lap like this again."

I sighed "that's true but-"

"What but? There is no buts... expect the butts that will fill the seats to watch you perform... you think I won't be there? Tiana I'll come to every performance that I can... my job could even help us find good flights and hotel rooms.. we can really do this.. I'm tryna figure out what's stopping you..." she searches my eyes "is it the setting everything up, and talking to the clients? Because I could do that for you... I told you. I'll do anything for people to hear your voice... but only if you want that.."

"I don't know what I wanttt" I whined. "Of course I've always wanted to sing my own music... but it's like... it's here, the opportunity is right in front of me... but I'm still getting use to life with you.. I don't want to make too many changes too soon then end up wondering where I went wrong... we both already admitted it... I stopped meditating, and painting, I haven't even written another song... and you've put things you love to do aside too.. if we add a nother layer when are we going to find time?"

"Well that's not how I see it.. I think following your dream is worth the risk... you were also scared to get into a relationship with me... and here we are.." she laced her hand into mine.

I pecked her lips. "You're right baby.. maybe I'm stressing over nothing"

I love you I thought. I refused to say it again and be embarrassed because she's not ready to say it back... but I can't shake the feeling.. I really do love this girl.

She pressed her forehead against mine and looked me in the eyes. "So tell me, what you need me to do, and I'll do it" she said reassuring me.