Jungkook POV

I could notice how hyungie was upset and probably sad about it. I didn't like it not even a bit, out of habit I started scratching my ear, in nervousness.

"Koo? Hey? What happened?"
Taehyung asked worriedly.

"W-what? Nothing!"
I smiled, but he just frowned.

"Don't hide from me. You're nervous and that's what you do whenever you're nervous."
He said pointing at my ear.

I stiffened.
"Yeah-- mm.."

"Koo--"

"I'm just worried okay! I-I don't like you being u-upset and I'm nervous thinking about what I'm doing is right or not"
I whispered the last sentence enough for him to not hear.

I heard him sigh.
"We can't change it now, can we? But for my little one, I need to throw back my worries, don't I?"

I blushed furiously when he kissed my forehead and smiled cheekily. I stared at him for a while.

"If I ask you to choose between me or Yuri, who would you choose Tae?"
I asked with a stoic expression, his smile dropped.

"Koo.. you're my bestfriend and she's my girlfriend, I need both of you --"

"But she didn't pick up your call, she did of Kai's. Can't you see her priorities?"
I stressed the word, staring at him for answers.

I could see he was taken aback.
"Maybe she's angry w-with me?"

I chuckled dryly.
"That doesn't justify her picking up another guy's phone just in the first ring!"

"Shut it Kook! What's wrong with you?"
Taehyung retorted.

"Then choose one Tae!"
'So that I can give up the idea of fighting for you' I said to myself at the back of my head.

Taehyung inhaled sharply.
"It's you! You've been with me for a long time now, Yuri is secondary. I can be myself around you."

I felt flowers blooming, my heart beat faster. I couldn't hold back my smile.

'This is surely a sign for me to not back off. I seriously need to end this Yuri chapter sooner now so that, we can start our new chapter.'
I pursed my lips and nodded myself.

Time Skip

Kai was sitting in the lunchroom, playing with his food. He missed Yuri to say least. Looking around, he fished out his phone.

His hesitant fingers went on and dialled her. The phone rung for a while until it was picked up.

But none of them spoke, not even a hello. Kai parted his lips to speak until it was snatched away by someone.

Kai widened his eyes and stood up.

"Yuri?"
Jungkook muttered. Kai panicked.

Jungkook bit back a smile and handed him the phone.
"Go ahead."

He whispered. Kai placed the phone on the ear and spoke up.

"Yuri.. h-how are you?"
He asked. Jungkook facepalmed himself, and went away because Taehyung could come anytime.

"I'm okay.. why would you call me?"
She replied, her voice smaller than usual.

"I'm sorry"
Kai confessed genuinely.

"I'm sorry if I was way too rude that time. But trust me! I-I was just trying to maintain a distance since you've a boyfr--"
He was cut off when Yuri spoke up.

Selfish LOVE ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें