Chapter 16

*(Y/N) POV*

Sitting across from Stolas, I crossed my legs as I listened to him. "I have brought you here for an opportunity. An opportunity of power. In this grimoire, there is a spell that can tether together souls through contracts. It's an ancient one that was quite popular back in the day." Stolas explained as he opened the book on the desk to a bloody page.
"What's the catch?" I asked intrigued, knowing that even if Stolas wasn't bad, at the end of the day, he was a demon. "Well usually they bond servitude in exchange for strength, meaning you would be bound by my will for eternity. But that is off the table for I know Stella and Octavia would not appreciate it if I did that."
"But there is something, otherwise you wouldn't have called me here." Stolas straightened up and procured a sinister smile. "How observant of you. The answer to that is yes. By voiding the contract of servitude, I can instead bond our souls in a way allowing you to draw strength from my powers." He explained while pointing in the book of what I could see separate steps in the spell for the servitude part. "Cons?" I questioned knowing this was too sweet of a deal. "Well one of them is the fact that unlike before in which holy weapons had no real effect unlike any other weapon on you since you are a pure blooded mortal, they will in fact cause significant pain and are quite deadly. To the point that if hypothetically you were struck by let's say a holy bullet, you would experience a slow and agonizing death that if not treated immediately, well, I think you can imagine what happens." Stolas explained calmly to me.
"But let's not forget the positives as well. With your new found powers, you could be stronger, with all your bionics and implants, could reach feats of strength very few in centuries have reached. You'll be able to access new spells to help stave off those tricky bastard demons. With your new potential and growth, I'm sure you'll find your job and time in hell become a lot easier, almost trivial and very enjoyable. So what do you say?" He asked while sticking his hand out.
The lights in the room darkened as Stolas' red shadow loomed high above himself, his eyes piercing me with such menace that I haven't felt this alive in decades.
"Fine, you got yourself a deal then." I said extending my right hand out and shaking Stolas's. As we made contact, I felt an excruciating pain shoot up my right arm causing me to yell out. I laid up against the desk as I felt what could be described as venom crawling up under my skin, killing me painfully as I couldn't do anything. And then just like that, the pain subsided as I let go of Stolas's hand and fell against the desk, sitting there and panting. "Fuck... you." I said in between pants.
"Now now, it was only painful but for a moment. Stop being such a pussy bitch about it and get up. I'm sure my owlette is wondering where you've gone." Stolas responded back in a slick manner. Pulling myself up slowly, I dusted myself off and looked back at Stolas. "So when will you show me all your fancy spells?" Stolas leaned on a hand as he seemed mildly bored. "Probably later, when you're not in the middle of a play date with my daughter and when I'm not buried in a mountain of paperwork."
I shrugged my shoulders and sighed before going towards the door. I had nothing further to say and it seems Stolas was getting bored, so I left the office and proceeded down the hallway back to Octavia's room. Hearing some loud commotion in the room, I opened the door to immediately get hit in the face by an empty bourbon bottle, smashing the glass against my helmet and disorienting me a little. "Oh my Satan!" I heard Octavia yell out in panic.
"It's fine Via, (Y/N) can handle it. Ain't that right?" Loona responded back. I recovered from the glass and wiped my visor before looking at the two and their small mess. Seems Loona got into the alcohol as a couple more bottles laid on the floor. Drawings of dress ideas were strewn up on the walls.
"I see Loona found the alcohol. What about you Via, you've been drinking?" I asked her as I walked over to the girls and towered over them. "Only-" Octavia hiccuped while speaking-"a little." I looked at the two before sitting down with them. "Left for a minute and you girls are already getting into trouble. I like that," I said to the two before grabbing the half empty bottle myself from Loona and taking a swig of it, lifting my head a little to not reveal too much.
"You've been gone for a few hours! You made Via start worrying about you," Loona spat back with a half drunk voice. "I was not!" Via yelled back with a bright red face. This caused Loona to laugh uncontrollably at her reaction as I sat there, thinking how the hell time went by so fast. That spell process must've made time go faster or I may have just passed out from the pain. "Sorry girls, got a little caught up in business. So what's the idea on the dress?" I asked them. Octavia handed me what seemed to be a final drawing of the dress. Taking a look at it before looking back up, I said, "Alright, I can work with this. You guys want to come with me to my little garage shop, make sure I sew this correctly?" Loona leaned forward and grabbed the bourbon from my hands and smiled. "Lead the way."
I got up with the girls and headed all together to the garage. There, I got out ballistic fibers, kevlar, fine linen, some silk, blackened leather, and some silver. Taking the fabrics, I weaved them out, making sure to pad them with kevlar and ballistic fibers to make the dress bulletproof as well as following the color palette and overall design set by the drawing. Getting the black leather into straps and sewn into the linen and silk, the dress started coming along. For the end part, I went ahead and used some hydraulics to crush the silver into powder before sewing it onto the dress using a thin see through layer to hold the silver onto the dress giving it a flashy bottom. After an hour or two of work, I was finished and showed the final product to the girls.