Chapter Eleven

*(Y/N) POV*

Eating breakfast at the table, all of us were talking together. Eating together started becoming normal, and it seemed Stella and Stolas could be in the same room without fighting. As I was talking to Octavia, Stolas butted in. "(Y/N), I have to ask, but are you busy?" He asked me with curiosity. "A little bit, why? Whatcha need from me?" I asked him knowing he wasn't just asking out of curiosity. He leaned back in his chair and took a sip of coffee before speaking, "Well you see, I would like you to accompany, ugh hum, my dear Blitzy while he works. Last time he was working, the humans almost got him. I'd like someone I can trust to make sure he is safe and doesn't get into too much trouble while in the overworld."

Stella seemed to have a nerve of hers struck from Stolas mentioning Blitz. "I'm afraid (Y/N) is too busy running his shop and keeping up with manufacturing, you'll have to find someone else to protect your precious imp." She said while stressing the imp part. I thought about it for a moment, knew what work Blitz did, going to the overworld to kill some humans, but the thought of being able to go up and enjoy earth, untouched by the destruction of man, made me really want to go. My thoughts became that of what it was like before the war, with the beauty of the world, and my wife Nora.

"Are you ok (Y/N)? You're crying." Octavia said while putting a hand onto my shoulder. Stella and Stolas were stunned by my display of emotions and stayed silent. "Oh, *cough*, yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking about my life before the war. I'd like to go back to a world similar, a place without a nuclear fallout. I kinda wanna go with Blitz to see it's beauty." I said while wiping the tears from my eyes. Stella sighed before saying, "Ok (Y/N), you can go." We all sat there silent, unsure of what to say, before I broke the ice. "How about I bring home a couple of souvenirs? What would you like Octavia?" I asked her with a smile. "Oh, I don't know. I, uh, guess maybe an animal to taxidermy." She told me.

"I'll bring home a bird then. And for you Stella, what would you like?" I asked her while leaning onto the table. "I'm fine, I don't need anything." She said with a low voice. "Ah, I see then. You want me to surprise you then, alright. I'll be sure to get you something." I said with a wink while taking everyone's plates to the sink. Getting ready and outfitted with proper gear, I was about to leave the house till Stolas stopped me. "Here, take this. It's a charm that you can use to open up a gateway back here if you're ever stuck. All you have to do is read the words on the back of it." He said while handing me a small crucifix.

Thorns poked out of the front with blood red ends. On top was a silver crown with little jewels spread across it. Flipping it over, the back seemed to have latin words scratch into the hard wood of the little charm. It had a string on top that attached to the base of the crown which would allow me to wear it across my neck. Putting it on, it was oddly comfortable, almost unnoticeable around my neck. "Thanks Stolas, don't worry. I'll be sure to keep Blitz unharmed." I said before walking away to my car. Driving off onto the highway, I made sure to memorize the directions to the place. It was supposed to be a large building with the words "IMP" written on top.

Driving down the streets of Imp city, a huge building with the word "IMP" across the top appeared in my sight. Taking the correct turn, I had to park a block away from all the spaces that were taken and I didn't feel like starting drama by blowing up a car. Getting out and walking towards the building till I heard, "A WEEK?! No, no, no, you are not parking here for a fucking week!" The voice sounded familiar as I got closer. More arguing could be heard with another familiar, more feminine voice. Getting to the parking lot, I could see Verosika and Blitz, with a huge fucking hellhound behind him looking as though he was about to kill the small imp.

"Whoa there, hold on. What the hell's happening here." I said walking up the demons. Verosika smiled as she came up and hugged me, "This prick is bothering me." Blitz looked pissed at her comment. "Who the hell are you?! This has nothing to do with you unless you're the asshole that gave her my parking space!" He yelled while pointing at me. Verosika smiled, probably expecting me to beat his ass or something. "Well, I'm here because Stolas sent me here. Wanted to make sure you weren't harmed while doing business, meaning I'm your new employee." I said to him while crossing my arms.