Chapter 15

*(Y/N) POV*
Standing behind Octavia, I watched silently as she carefully placed some springs into the chamber of a single shot rifle. It was something that I had her making, learning about the guns and inner workings of them. The wood stocks, forged steel, spiraled barrel, all made by Octavia's hands with me over her shoulders, diligently guiding her correctly with the process.
"There, I think I did it." Octavia said with a sigh while straightening herself up from the gun. I took the long rifle, inspecting it. Pulling back the chamber and shield with no difficulty, checking the insides below and seeing nothing wrong.
"Looks good, I knew you'd be able to pull it off. Let's screw the bottom cover of it, then we'll test fire it." I said with a warm smile while handing the rifle back to her. I was just wearing a black shirt and blue jeans, so she could see my smile.
"Fuck yeah!" She said with excitement before giving me a small hug.
"Come on, I want to see your marksmanship in the back. Like a fucking prodigy with the rifle, maybe you'll become a deadly hit gal." I told jokingly while giving a small pat on her back.
We headed to the back, I made sure to grab some ammunition with me before going. The gun was designed to chamber and fire 5.56mm rounds, a single shot rifle with curated iron sights and a small round iron circle at the end.
Getting to the backyard, I installed some stuffed target dummies in which Bob made sure to always replace them after being fired up on. They were filled with red grass that I got from the gardeners mowing the lawn occasionally with some painted dots to show vital areas.
"Alright, first things first, like always. How far you reckon those targets are out there." I asked her while standing at the edge of the paved ground, the grass being the line to not step on.
"Umm, I think fifty meters. Maybe fifty-five." Octavia responded back while squinting at the targets, analyzing the distance.
"Damn, you're a quick learner. Many others usually overestimate or underestimate with the little training they would have equivalent to you. You're off just a little though, closer to sixty, but damn you were close. It's actually fifty-nine and a foot away from us." I said with a smile as my hand patted her back. I was proud of Octavia, she was a quick learner, determined, and most importantly, very eager.
"Fuck, I was trying not to overestimate. Hm, well at least the wind seems very calm today, less than a knot. I think going south east, if I remembered that the targets are facing north." Octavia said while aligning her hands toward the targets, trying to get a feel of the wind.
"Yep, good job. Now onto your stance." I commanded her with my body turning and facing hers.
She then turned her body, placing the stock onto her right shoulder as her left side faced the target. Her hand held the end up as her other one held onto the base, her fingers below the trigger as to keep her from accidentally shooting like that one time before.
Taking a foot, I spread her feet apart a little more till they were properly in the right position. I placed a hand onto her stomach, making sure her breathing was normal before feeling her heartbeat. I listened in, hearing it slightly faster than normal. "Calm yourself, take a deep breath and relax your mind and heart." I said as Octavia nodded a little, her face held a small blush, probably because of embarrassment of corrections, and maybe my touch, but it was necessary.
I lifted the stock a little, to have it firmly against her shoulder and not kick into her face. I touched her hand holding up the end, making sure it was firm when holding the gun. She seemed good and ready to fire, so I stepped back and smiled.
"Ready to go. Be sure that since this is a lower caliber for medium to short engagement, you may have to adjust your aim accordingly to the distance and small gusts of wind. Should only be a couple centimeters." I said to her. "Fire when ready."
With a loud bang, the gun fired out as it jolted a little. Despite that, Octavia kept a firm grip and it seemed she didn't jerk the gun before pulling the trigger, which meant that habit was finally dead. I looked down the range, seeing her aim for the big red target on the chest. Her bullet though seemed to hit the edge of it, barely actually as it was a couple centimeters as I stated before from the center.
"Here, reload and I'll tell you to fire again." I said while handing another round to her.
She took the round and unloaded the empty case out of the chamber before putting the new bullet in. She assumed position again, taking a deep breath in as well and looking down the range with the sights.
"Stock a little down." I told her as she complied, bringing it down just a smidge. "Fire."
Another shot ranged out as this time the bullet seemed to hit its mark right almost smack dab in the middle. "Great fucking shot!" I said to Octavia as I high fived her with a smile plastered on my face.
"Fuck yeah!" Octavia exclaimed excitedly while giving a high five back.
I was extremely proud of Octavia in her optimism and wits in coming this far. Here she was, with her first hand crafted rifle as she fired it with extreme precision that would otherwise take others a whole year to learn, let alone a few months.
"At this rate, I'll be able to retire and hand over my business Guns' and Roses to you. So fucking proud of ya. Come, let's go back inside now and clean up before I go and pick Loona up." I said while wrapping an arm around her neck, pulling her in as I rubbed her soft hair.
"Hehehe, yeah. Thank you." She said with a small blush while she enjoyed being in my arms.
We went back and cleaned the shop, found a suitable case for her first gun, before tucking everything away. "Alright, you go get whatever ready, I'll be going now." I said while exiting the workshop, waving Octavia bye as she nodded.
I got the keys to my car and got in, starting it and going to the I.M.P. building to pick up Loona. Driving down the streets, bodies laid off on the side, some dead, others asleep. Many heathens looking for mischief glared through the dark alleyways as I drove, careful with all the asshole drivers on the road. I went and picked up Loona, her getting into the passenger seat and putting her feet up onto the dashboard as she scrolled through her phone.
"Alright, ready to go. Need anything before we get there?" I ask Loona before putting the car back into drive. "Nah, I'm sure those royals have enough alcohol for me." She replied, smiling back at me. "Yeah, we got some strong stuff. Just try to keep it low, don't want it too rowdy." I asked Loona. "Can't promise that, but I'll try." Loona said with a smirk, being a little playful. The rest of the ride was enjoyable, as me and Loona enjoyed each other's company before getting back to the mansion. Parking the car and getting out, me and Loona walked up to the front door.
"Alright, time to get shit done and have fun." I said opening the door to reveal the elegant front room. Loona stared in amazement at the chandeliers and priceless decorations scattered around the house. Her eyes filled with amazement. "Holy shit, this place is filled."
"Yeah, try not to borrow anything by accident." I said teasingly while walking across the room. "Can't promise anything." Loona retorted with a smirk as she followed behind.
I lead us to Octavia's room, down the fancy hallways filled with painting and sculptures. Arriving, I knocked on the door lightly as I heard a small clutter happen behind the door. "C-come in!" Octavia shouted behind the door nervously as I smiled before opening the door.
Behind it revealed her in all her glory and weirdness, standing by her bed that had many masquera and mirrors spread on it and nervousness all over her face. "Uh, h-hi, my name's Octavia!" She said while brushing her bangs back and looking to the side.
Walking in with Loona following, I went beside Octavia and patted her back before sitting on the messy bed. "Who I wouldn't kill to have a room like this." Loona commented while walking into the center of the room, looking at all the different posters and mirrors and extravagant art carved into the furniture.
"Thanks, I, yeah." Octavia answered awkwardly, making me almost facepalm. Loona then stuck her hand out with a smirk on her face. "Name's Loona. Sick place ya got."
"Nice to meet you Loona." Octavia said as she shook Loona's extended hand and seemed to relax a little. "So, gals, y'all ready to get started." I interjected between them, making them both bewildered at my comment. "Started what?" Loona asked. "Ya know, Verosika's dress design." I told them in a slow voice.
"WAIT YOU WERE SERIOUS?!?" Octavia and Loona exclaimed with anxiety as I saw life flush from their faces.
"Yep, I promised her that dress, and well, I expect y'all to come up with some design of sorts that will impress her. Don't worry, I'll do the sewing part, so it'll be easy for you guys." I said with confidence while relaxing into the bed.
"Holy shit, what the fuck are we going to do?! Design a dress for a damn pop star, Verosika Mayday, the Verosika Mayday!?!" Loona panicked as she seemed to be stressed out. "Catch Loona." I said while tossing a bottle of bourbon to her which she caught.
"Look, all you have to do is draw a design. I'll fill in the gaps. Relax, just, think of something cool that would fit on Verosika while she's on that stage." I said to Loona and Octavia, which Loona seemed to take the relax part seriously and started chugging the bottle of bourbon down.
"But what if she doesn't like it?" Octavia vented with a voice full of anxiety. "I am confident in your guy's ability to create a design of a dress. I mean, come on. Loona, you know what's badass and what's lame. And Octavia, I know damn well ya got the skills to transfer those ideas onto paper. Now, get together on some ideas and start crafting on something." I said before getting up and off the bed and heading towards the door.
"Hey, where are you going?" Loona asked as she sat on the spot that I left on the bed. "While you guys are busy, I need to attend to some business with Stolas. I'll be back in a fashionable time ready to bring whatever idea you have into life." I told them before leaving the room. "Damnit!" I heard Loona exclaim while I chuckled to myself.
Walking down the hallways, I went towards Stolas's office and entered through grand wooden doors. Stolas looked up from a mountain of paperwork and smiled with wickedness before saying, "Ah hello there (Y/N), nice to see you finally stopping by my office. I assume you remember why I asked you to come here today." I nodded in return as I sat in the chair across from his desk. "Yes, something about your grimoire and its powers."
Stolas produced the magical book from underneath his desk and laid it down. "Well now, let us get down to business."

---------------------------

Hello y'all, been a sec, maybe a few since last updated. Life has been hectic, but hopefully I haven't gotten rusty with my writing. I do though have news, as instead of fanfics and only that, I have been trying to create my own story. One of romance and comedy set in a cyberpunk world. But enough of that, I may give a tease of the story, but I do hope you enjoyed this update. If ya liked the chapter, upvote it and follow me and I'll follow you back home. Goodbye y'all, and coffee out.

Word count 2089