Chapter Five

*(Y/N) POV*

Walking down the hallway towards the offices, I was going to inform Stella about me completing the new dress that she wanted me to tailor. As I approached the office in which Stella worked in, an imp exited the room in a hurried manner as he bumped into me. Taking a guess, I bet Stella was pissed about something. I braced myself and entered the office to find Stella fuming behind her desk. "Hey Stella, got some good news." I said trying to get Stella in a friendlier mood.

"Not now (Y/N), I have shitheads to deal with." She said angrily as she went through a mound of papers. Remembering my agreement with Stolas, I knew I am the one to deal with her when she's pissed. "Mind telling me what got on your nerves, or who?" I asked her as I sat down across from her desk. "Ugh, ever since my husband decided to go fuck around with that imp, the other royals been talking about it. It's destroying our reputation, and MY HUSBAND isn't doing a damn thing about it." She said while throwing herself onto her desk in complete exhaustion.

"Hmmm, I see. Do you know who the man person responsible for all this gossip?" I asked her while resting my chin on my hand. "It's goddamn Magnolia with her influence, damn bitch." She said with frustration. "Tell me more about this Magnolia person." I asked Stella. "Well, she's old money. One of the first royals of hell, though throughout time she's slowly becoming weaker with power and money, at least compared to the newer royals. But what she lacks in power and money, she makes up for in influence. She has many demons under her thumb. Out of all the ones to ruin our reputation, she's the worst." She explained to me.

"I see then, how about I give a helping hand." I offered Stella. She looked at me with a questionable face. "Just because Magnolia is considered weaker than other royals, doesn't mean she is. Especially with the Old Guard." Stella said. I just smiled at the challenge. "And who is this Old Guard?" I asked wanting to know more. "A band of mercenaries made up of world war one German stormtroopers. Magnolia supported their group in the early days, fostering them very closely. Now they're fiercely loyal to her, and only her." She said.

"Doesn't sound to bad, been through worse. How about I sneak into her place and get some blackmail, that should shut her up, wouldn't you agree?" I asked Stella with my tempting offer. "That is a tempting offer, but you do realize that if you're caught, you're dead and I will not save you." Stella told me as I just nodded. "All I need is a ride to the place and I'll work my magic." I responded back. "It wouldn't hurt to try and do that, plus it'll keep her at bay later down the line. Ok then, I'll get you you're driver." Stella said as she smiled deviously.

I got up from the chair and excused myself. I had to go fetch my armor and prepare myself for the mission. Down the hallway I went, to my and Octavia's room I got my marine armor on and readied my pipboy. I exited the room and went straight to the driveway. There I saw a Stella standing next to a limo. Approaching the limo, Stella opened the door for me as I got in. Before she closed it, she said, "Remember, don't get caught. I will not save your ass if you do."

Before she could close the door, I stopped her. "Before I go, I need to tell you before I forget, I finished your dress. It should be on a mannequin in the garage." I told her making her smile. "Thank you (Y/N) for being reliable." She said in which I nodded in response. With that, the limo door closed and the car drove off leaving the mansion. I sat back in the limo, preparing my mind for the mission. I don't know how long it's been since I got to sit in a quite car ride, decades probably. I couldn't help but feel myself nod off to sleep.

*Timeskip brought to you by you*

"Sir, this is it!" The driver told me, startling me awake. "Hmph, yeah ok." I said before getting out of the vehicle. Once I did, the limo then drove off in a hurry. I looked around, it was mostly barren red dirt except for the mansion. There was a large steel fence surrounding the place, with four towers on each corner. I could see from here that the place was heavily guarded. I started making my way to the outskirts of the place, keeping low to the ground.

It wasn't bright out, and there was some shrubs to this waste. Before getting to close, I started crawling up to the fence if the place. Thankfully, there was a small dip in elevation so it was harder for me to be spotted. As I got ten yards away from the fence, I pulled out a stealthboy and activated it. Once activated, I nearly became invisible. I needed though to act fast as this only had a certain amount of battery life to it. Quickly I crouch ran to the fence and materialized some bolt cutters.

Creating a hole, I entered the hole to end up on the other side. I got to the side of the mansion, close to one of the windows. Looking through, I saw no one there, so I quietly opened the window and climbed in. Closing the window behind me, I looked around. I seemed to be in the living room, with a large sofa, tv, and even a pools table. Looking around, I crept to one of the doors. The rooms in this mansion seemed to be separated by walls and doors into their closed off spaces. Opening the door slowly, I saw nor heard anyone on the other side.

The other side revealed to be the hallway, with a staircase leading to the second floor. I decided to take the staircase to the second floor figuring the lady here must have an office that's probably upstairs. As I snuck my way up the stairs and down the second story's hallway, I came across two big doors. Peeking my head inside, I saw the office with a desk and neatly organized boxes and filing cabinets. I entered the room and started searching all the files.

After awhile, I came across a couple of files of Magnolia's involvement in both sides of a conflict, selling shoddy weapons, and a few blackmail letters of some seemingly influential people. I took all the folders and exited the room, about to leave before I heard something. The otherside of the door across, I could hear a shower running and a female voice humming. I entered the room and found it to be the royal bedroom. That's when it struck me, I could get more blackmail.

Slowly opening the door to the shower, I saw Magnolia enjoying the shower, oblivious to the world around her. I snapped a couple pictures of her before closing the door. I quickly retraced my steps back to the living room that I first entered. And with that, I opened the window and exited the place. From there, I quickly went to the hole in the fence and was home free. I made sure to still stay low to the ground to make sure not to get spotted. It wasn't long before I was a in the clear, away from the place. I got back to the road, and was about to call Stella for a ride when I realized I had no service.

So I started walking, didn't know where to, just started walking. My only hope was to get somewhere that I can call back home. Making my trek home, it was a while. I lost count of time, bored of counting numbers. The lone road started becoming populated with cars, as billboards came into view. My feet became tired from walking so long. I was walking a far distance, and was tired. As I came to the outskirts of the city. There was a bar that seemed pretty small called the "Drunken Cannibal".

I entered the place and sat down at the bar. Next to me was some redhead chick. "Pick your poison." The bartender asked me. "Nothing, just resting my feet." I responded. This seemed to upset the demon. "Then get the hell out of you're not going to order anything!" He yelled at me. "How about a shot of whiskey for my dear friend?" The redhead said as she gave the bartender some money. He justed grunted before pouring me a glass of whiskey. "How much do I owe you?" I asked the redhead. "Nothing, no strings attached!" She responded.

I drank the shot and laugh a little. "Well then, how about I introduce myself then, so you can at least know me. Name's (Y/N)." I told her holding out a hand for her to shake. "Alice the radio demon." She responded.

--------------------------------

Hey guys and gals and gamers, how you doing. Sorry for slow updates, things been hectic. Hope you all been doing good, and enjoyed this chapter. If you did, vote for it, and maybe follow me and I'll follow you back home. Till next time, coffee out.

Word count 1594