Prolong

*(Y/N) POV*

Here I was, at the dead of night scavenging the Boston library

Here I was, at the dead of night scavenging the Boston library. "God, these mutants make the place reek." I said as I walked over the dead mutant corpses. As I was walking through the old library, searching shelves for any useful books to teach the others at home. I already knew a lot, like crafting various items and what not, but that was because I experimented a lot and use many materials. But a book could be useful in teaching the settlers, I for one am not good at teaching.

As I was scavenging the place, I came across a near perfect book still intact. "Damn, this thing isn't even faded at all, must be special." I said as I grabbed the book from the shelf. On it read "Grimoire" in red writing. The book itself was purple with what appeared to be real gold making various shapes the the cover. "This must be some stupid magic shit." I chuckled to myself. I opened the book and say a bunch of writing inside. I looked at a strange page with a gate on it with words. I read it out loud out of amusement. "Porta ad inferos!" I yelled as if I was casting a spell.

A pentagram formed at my feet as then sparks flew up. Before I could get away, I was consumed in fire as I flew through a red tunnel of sorts. Before I knew it, I was several feet in the air in a furbished library full of books. I fell down and hit my head hard on the ground. I laid there in pain as I had fallen and couldn't get up.

*Octavia POV*

"God fucking damnit, why can't my mother ever shut the fuck up!" I sighed as I entered the library

"God fucking damnit, why can't my mother ever shut the fuck up!" I sighed as I entered the library. I've just finished dinner, and my mother just kept yelling at my dad for cheating for the fifth time. Thank Satan for these headphones, otherwise I'd have to hear their bullshit. I pulled out my headphones as I walked by the tall shelves in the library. I liked reading, my dad used to read all the time for me before getting caught up in sleeping with other men.

I pulled a book from a shelf and started reading it. It was about a dimension parallel to the above world, but apparently it went through a nuclear war with a horrible fallout. In it, I read sections about life in the post apocalypse, which actually made hell seem like a better place to live than there. That's when a bright red light appeared above me as then a strange man in strange tactical equipment fell down with a loud thud.