Chapter Seven

*(Y/N) POV*

I felt myself slowly wake up from my deep slumber. I was exhausted from yesterday as my legs still felt a little sore. Octavia still had her arms wrapped around me. She seemed to be at peace as I couldn't bask in her beautiful glow. But I knew I had stuff to do, places to be today. I wanted to expand my workshop and start crafting ballistic weapons and combat armor to sell just to keep me busy. And I'm sure Stella wouldn't mind loaning some funds for me since I did that job yesterday.

I lightly shook Octavia awake, careful to not hurt her or startle her awake. Her eyes slowly opened up and gazed upon mine. "Morning (Y/N)." She said in a tired voice. She let go of me as both of us got up and off the bed. "Good morning to you too. Sorry for waking you, but I got big projects today." I told her as I went to my armor and started suiting up. Octavia picked up her phone and turned it on. "It's five in the morning, *yawn* why are you up so early? We only went to bed at one clock." She said while rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll tell you over breakfast. I'm thinking maybe some eggs and radstag." I said while grabbing my helmet and heading out the door. I held the door for Octavia to follow me to the kitchen. I lead the way to the kitchen were Octavia sat down at the table as myself started up the stove to cook. "How about some music? You're always listening something with that phone." I said while getting some eggs from the fridge and summoning some radstag meat to cook. "Sure, I'm actually kinda curious on what you listen to." Octavia said. I popped in a holotape on my pipboy and let the music play.

I danced a little to the music, having a good time. It seemed Octavia even enjoyed listening to it as well. It wasn't long till I cooked the meal and made myself and her a plate. I placed the plate down in front of Octavia and sat down next to her. We dug into our meals. "So you going to tell me why you only sleep four hours?" She said with a full mouth. "It because of prosthetics and implants. There was this one advance place in the waste called the institute with all kinds of tech, specially biotech. Before they were destroyed, I had made many copies of their database and over the years I studied much of it." I said in between bites.

Octavia seemed surprised at this. "So you're telling me that you're a cyborg?" She asked with confusion. "Kinda of, still human. I built a machine operating table for myself so I could get some implants surgically installed with no errors. One of those biotechs was a circadian assistant that speeds up sleeping and the replenishment of chemicals in the brain. So instead of needing eight hours of sleep, I only need a little bit under four hours of sleep." I explained to Octavia. She seemed deep in thought as to process my words. We kept talking as she wanted to know more about my life in the wastes.

Stella then walked into the room catching our attention. "I see you both are up early." She said while looking at the both of us. She was already dressed in her new dress that I tailored for her. "There's some extra eggs and radstag if you want any." I told her. She nodded and made herself a plate before sitting down at the table across from me and Octavia. "How you like the dress?" I asked Stella while finishing up my meal. "This the best dress I've ever worn. I love the attention to detail, thank you (Y/N)." She said while admiring the dress.

"Good, I like to hear that. Anyways, I was wondering if I could get some funding on a project I want start today?" I asked her nicely. She looked at me rather curiously. "And what might that project be?" Stella asked. "Start a ammunition, arms, and armor store of some sorts, need a place and some materials to start it though. I'll be sure to pay you back the money." I told her. She looked down and thought about my proposal. "Hmmm, having you start up a business like that could expand our power and influence. I think I'll provide the funds then." She told me with determination.

"Good, I'll head out to some local scrapyard to buy whatever materials I'll need, then start looking for a location." I said while getting up and collecting everyone's empty plates. "Then I'll come with you to make sure we get the materials at a good price." Stella said. Octavia seemed a bit down though at this. "Hey Octavia, when I get home, wanna do some shooting practice?" I asked her with a smile. She looked up and smiled back. "Yes, I would like that." She responded. "Good, now Stella, ready to go?" I asked her while putting on my helmet. With that, me and Stella left the mansion and headed off.

We arrived shortly at the scrap yard. I made sure to open the limo door for Stella. "My, what a gentlemen you are." She remarked while stepping out. "I try my best." I responded back. We walked on the path through the huge mounds of junk to a small shack in the middle of the place. There, a old imp sat on a rocking chair with a double barrel shotgun. "This is private property, you better scam before I blow a hole in the two of ya." The imp said. "No need sir, we're only here to buy some scrap off of you." I told him.

The old imp eyed the both of us before getting off his chair and walked towards me. "What'd need?" He asked me. I pulled out a sheet of paper listed with all the materials in pounds and handed it to him. "This should be everything I need. How much?" I asked the guy. "Hmmm, four hundred thousand dollars." He said while looking at it. Stella stepped into the conversation. "Three hundred thousand dollars." She said. "What in Satan? Are you crazy ma'am! Why would I give you a discount?" The old imp asked.

"Because we are not looking for a one time deal, we a looking for source of material. Think of us from now on as regular customers who will buy even more from you, only if you give us a twenty-five percent discount." She told him. The old imp stroked his chin thinking about this. "Okay, fine. Where am I dropping this at then?" He asked me. "The mansion of Goetia, just drop it off on the pavement and I'll take it from there." I said to the old imp. With that, me and Stella went back to the limo and got in.

"So now that we have the materials, what will you do about the store?" Stella asked me. "I think I know someone who has many connections, will get me a good place with a decent price." I told her. I then pulled out my hell phone and called the one influential person I knew. The phone then picked up as I could hear some background music playing. "Hey, Verosika! I was wondering if you could do me a favor." I told her over the phone. "What kind of favor?" She asked cautiously. "I'm looking to buy a place to set up a store, but I'm not quite sure where to look. So I thought giving you a call, see if you know some people that can get me a decent place. I'll pay you." I told her.

The phone was silent for a few seconds. "Ok, I'll do it. But as for payment, I want you to first take me out somewhere to drink and have fun." She said. "That's it? Of course I'll do that, I'll pick you up tomorrow. Just text me where to pick you up." I told her with a happy tone. "Alright then, see you then love~." Verosika said before hanging up. I put my phone away and looked at Stella. "I assume things went smoothly." She told me. "Better than expected, I'll get a good store up and running, then I'll make sure to pay you back." I told her. "Of course, I trust you (Y/N), as you prove to be the most reliable man in my life so far." Stella said with a warm smile.

-------------------------------

*IMPORTANT NOTICE*

I want to name the shop something, but don't know what. Leave a comment here for name suggestions, I'll pick one out.

-------------------------------

Hey guys and gals and gamers, how are you doing today? Hope you feeling well, and liked this chapter. Things will get a little spicy in a couple chapters, a couple surprises I got. Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter, if you did please vote and maybe follow me and I'll follow you back home. Until next time, coffee out.

Word count 1541