Ch.34

On the ride to my aunt's, I had my cell phone clenched in my hand hoping Chris would call. Pulling up to the house I see a lot of cars. When Maddox parks, I step out and I hear people talking and music coming from the back of the house. I really wish they wouldn't have done this. I hate my birthday and worrying about Chris and Alex is not helping. I'm going to make the best out of it and have a good time or, at least, pretend to. I may not be happy that they did this but I am grateful.

"Let's go, they're waiting for you, kitten." Maddox says, leading the way with his hand on my lower back.

I open the door and hear everyone yell, "Surprise! Happy birthday!" I see Chris and Alex standing in front of everyone, I'm shocked. I smile and Chris comes running at me nearly tackling me in hug. I'm laughing and Chris is yelling in my ear, "I miss you, come home!"

"Okay, Chris, let's not kill the birthday girl." I hear, Alex tease.

Chris releases me and hugs Maddox who is stiff with shock, I laugh and I walk to Alex. I give him a hug and he kisses my cheek. "Happy birthday, Blondie." He whispers, in my ear.

"Thank you. When did you guys get here?" I ask, happily.

"Last night."

"How long can I keep you here?" I ask, smiling.

He smirks and answers. "Three days. But I'm working on it."

I pull my pouty face at him and then see grandma coming towards me and she pulls me into a hug.

"You need to spend more time with us! Maddox doesn't know how to share." She looks at Maddox and points her finger. "You can go a day without her you know." She scowls, but ruins it by smiling brightly.

"It doesn't feel like it." Maddox, replies smirking.

I see Alex and he looks sick. He notices me looking at him and forces a smile. I walk back to his side. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He smiles and looks like the old Alex again then hugs me to his side.

"Babe! Tell me that's not who I think it is!" Tyler shouts from the front door.

I look at him confused. "Who?" I ask.

"Him! Alex Pillar, is here? In this house!" He yells.

"You know each other?" I ask, surprised.

Alex laughs and Tyler comes closer. "No, Daphne. I don't really know him, he plays for the freaking Yankees." Tyler replies, shaking his head.

"Oh, yeah." I say, feeling like an idiot. Sorry, but I hate baseball it's so boring. Chris hates it too, we tease Alex all the time. "Hey! I'm not a dumb bimbo, Scrappy!" I tease, when I realize what he called me.

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Maybe one day you'll even believe it." He jokes, taking my hand putting on my green friendship bracelet, it says BEST. I look at his wrist and he has his red one on that says FRIEND.

I laugh. "I love it, thank you, Friend."

"Jesus! Maddox, nice rock you bought her!" Tyler yells, getting everyone's attention.

"It's not an engagement ring!" I shout, after seeing my Uncle John's face. I hit Tyler. "You moron! You almost gave my uncle a heart attack." I whisper, quietly.

"Sorry." He says, looking at my ring. "He did good. It's not as nice as my present though." He teases and hands me another present.

I open the square package, it's a jewelry box that says Cartier. I open the lid and it's a heart shaped locket. All white diamonds with a tiny skeleton key with black diamonds hanging from a delicate chain. It's so beautiful. I open the locket and see a tiny picture of me on one side and Tyler on the other.