Ch.27 Maddoxs POV.Part. 2

MADDOX POV

When we're done eating, I take Hadley's hand turning to leave, but before we got anywhere she pulled her hand out of mine and hugged Tyler goodbye. We head back to my place to spend the rest of the day together. "What do you want for your birthday?" I ask stopping the car at a stoplight.

"I told you, I don't want anything and I don't like celebrating it." She says.

"And I told you we’re doing something. There has to be something you want." I say moving the car forward. I all ready know what I'm getting her though hopefully my secretary will be able to find me a superman costume in my size. I'm also giving her a diamond and emerald ring, it’s the same color as her eyes and I just had to buy it.

"No, we don't have to and no, there's not." She replies.

"Fine. I'll get you what I think you'll like and take you where I think you'll like to go." I say, not bothered by her reply, she’s going to love it.

My phone rings. "Dammit, what does he want?" It's my grandfather. I let it go to voicemail.

"Why do you rent such a big place when it's only you?" She asks.

"I don't rent, these are high rise condominiums." I reply.

"Oh, so why did you buy such a big place?"

I open my door and go to her side, helping her out. I don't know how to tell her or where to start.

"Why won't you answer me?" She asks confused.

"I own these buildings." I say pointing to the building across the street and the two in front of us.

"Okay, explain in detail." She says.

"I developed these properties my freshman year here. It was a good business decision. The hospital was expanding with a multi-million dollar restructuring plan. I knew that the people coming here were all the young professionals and condos are always a good choice with their schedules since they don’t have to worry about grass, fixing things and security. Plus we're only fifteen minutes from the hospital. So, I started building this one." I pointed to the one I live in. "We finished construction in a year and then started the other two right after."

"And where did you acquire the knowledge and money to build these? Sorry, but I don't see anyone giving an eighteen year old millions to bankroll his condos, no matter how good a business decision." She says in disbelief, smart little kitten.

I smile. "No they wouldn't. I had the capital, I did it myself."

"Was your dad a property developer?"

"No. Mergers and acquisitions." I answer.

"So with your degree you want be a developer?"

"No. I'll be going into the family business, Kahn Global. It's all mergers and acquisitions, no real property development. This was just easy money."

She shocks me by saying, "I bet your dad would be proud, I know I am. If I was like you maybe my parents would have acknowledged me. You should be proud of yourself."

I stop walking, did she just say her parents didn't acknowledge her?

"What?" She asks.

"What do you mean, 'acknowledged you’?" I ask angrily.

"Well, they were busy people, Maddox. They just didn't have time for a daughter they never wanted. Relax, why are you so mad? You’re hurting my hand." She says trying to remove her hand from mine.

"Sorry, Kitten, I didn't mean to." I say relaxing my grip. I kiss the back of her hand. "What did you parents do that made them ignore their only daughter?" I ask bitterly.